What's new

Jazz Decades NBA Fantasy Draft

Yes, when the player was drafted doesn't matter, it's the years that they played that matters. Say if a player played from 86-94. Than you could draft them either 80's or 90's. Whether you want to draft the young version of them or the old version is up to you.

Also, piggybacking on vslice's question, are we to only consider how the selected player performed during that decade for which we picked him?

exactly

Holy crap, so, hypothetically, I could draft Malone even though he was drafted in the 80's?

**** it, I'm going for it.

With the 1st pick of the 2011 1990's Utah Jazz NBA Draft, NUMBERICA drafts...

Karl Malone

draft_fashion_malone85.jpg

Malone was a two-time MVP in the 90's and was the instant wiffle-ball champion of draft night '85.

malonekickhorry.jpg

MaloneRodmanWrestle.jpg

karlmalonerodman.jpg

GET OUT OF MY WAY. MALONE'S FINALLY GETTING HIS RING.

Karl_Malone.jpg

Malone was a monster. Malone is the best pure PF of all time. Stockton is great, but you have to go with the guy that put the ball in the basket better than all but one person in NBA history.

Last edited:
I was TERRIFIED that I'd be forced to pick AK with the first pick of this thing.

With the 2nd pick of the 2011 1990's Utah Jazz NBA Draft, Chad Feldheimer selects

tu6Rn.jpg

10× NBA All-Star (1989–1997, 2000)
2× All-NBA First Team (1994–1995)
6× All-NBA Second Team (1988–1990, 1992–1993, 1996)
3× All-NBA Third Team (1991, 1997, 1999)
5× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1989, 1991–1992, 1995, 1997)
2 x Gold Medal Winner

Career 51% FG shooter. One of the very highest for a PG in NBA history.

All Time leader in assists. Over 4,000 assists more than Kidd who is 2nd. Kidd would have to play almost six more season and average his career rate per game to catch Stockton.
Holds the record for assists-per-game average over one season (14.5 in 1990). Only Magic averaged more assists per game.

All Time Leader in steals with 3265. Over 700 more than Jordan who is 2nd.

Played in 1504 out of a possible 1526 over 19 years. (98.6%)

Last edited:
Well the 2 obvious picks are out of the way. Considering we are going with the players stats from the 90's I well have to go with:
Jeff Hornacek
2002_11_19_Jeff_Hornacek.jpg

Hornacek in the 90's was what every team needs to complement its superstars. An all star himself he averaged over 15 points, 4.5 asst., 3 Reb per game while shooting 49% from the floor, 42% from 3, and almost 90% from the line. He was the player that pushed the Jazz from a Western conference finals team to an NBA finals team. A great team player and a great shooter from the field makes him a great player for any team and any time.

Chad/Ben:

"With each pick please include a picture and reasoning why you chose the player for your team."

We all know why you chose them but I want to hear your hogwash.

Oh, I thought it was a far lesser and more mortal Jimmer.

This does not please me. I would like to submit my name for consideration as an alternate when someone decides they don't want to play this game anymore.

Thanks for reading,

Trout.

This does not please me. I would like to submit my name for consideration as an alternate when someone decides they don't want to play this game anymore.

Thanks for reading,

Trout.

Take my spot and do me proud, trout. All: I will make the deadline if Trout fails to do so.