What's new

Jazz Decades NBA Fantasy Draft

With the 4th pick, PKM selects Mark Eaton.

Even though the 90's are the tail-end of his career with the Jazz, I simply cannot pass him up.
In his 4 seasons (3.5) during the 90's, Mark scored 1,276 points, 2,023 rebounds, and 673 blocks .. all of them much appreciated.

mark-eaton.jpg

Round 1 - 90's Jazz
1. NUMBERICA - Karl Malone
2. Chad - John Stockton
3. Ben10 - Jeff Hornacek
4. PKM - Mark Eaton
5. Cyrone Torbin - OTC
6. Salmon Hobo
7. prodigy
8. vslice

With the 6th overall pick, SalmonHobo selects Bryon Russell, aka Delroy Lindo.

lindo-sized.jpg
6773211_std.jpg

Russell was our glue guy in the 90's who could do a little bit of everything. He was a very solid defender who would guard the opponent's best offensive wing player, get in their grill and get some steals (1.6 per game twice in the 90's) and rebound with over 5 per game twice in the 90's. On the offensive end he was less than spectacular but fairly diverse. He could hit the three, in big moments at times too. He could penetrate and finish here or there, sometimes with a sweet dunk. He rarely turned the ball over--just 1.0 turnovers per game for his career. He left some to be desired but with the 6th Jazz guy of the 90's, he's a quality pick who will know his role on my team and do many of the little things.

Could we do 12 rounds and add 60's NBA for the 11th round and "anyone else who hasn't been selected yet" for the 12th round? Please advise.

With the 7th pick I select...

5efr7t.jpg

Ty Corbin

I remember Ty being one of the more dependable jazz players of the 90's. Shot the ball well - around 50%, grabbed rebounds, played some D. Great all around player. He just did his job, and did it well.

With the 8th pick of the 2011 90's Utah Jazz Fantasy Draft, vslice02 selects: "The Big Dawg" - Antoine Carr.

Reasoning: At the bottom of the round it came down to selecting a backup bigman between Carr, 90's Tom Chamber and 90's Thurl Bailey. Chambers was on his last legs in Utah and Bailey wasn't anywhere close to the SF he was in the 80's. Carr was no longer the 20ppg scorer he was in his prime but he still provided toughness, veteran leadership, the versatility to play PF or C and the ability to score inside as well as step out to 18-feet.
Carr10.jpg

2nd-Round - 1990's NBA
With the 1st pick of the 2011 1990's NBA Fantasy Draft, vslice02 selects: Michael Jordan.

Reasoning: For some reason I felt he was the best player available. I'm sure Jay Bilas would call this "a good value pick."

jordan_knicks.jpg

Dangit! I was hoping the 5 that pick in the 2nd round before me would forget about MJ.

With the 2nd pick of the 90's round I select.

dm8qkl.jpg

Hakeem Olajuwon

Sucks I missed out on the GOAT but to add a big man that was as dominant on both ends as anyone in nba history like Hakeem was is a tremendous addition. I really hated him as a jazz fan but I did respect his abilities on the basketball court.

92-93, 93-94 Defensive player of the year
93-94 NBA MVP
Finals MVP both times Houston won the title

Great pick, Prodigy. I would've done the same (no one else comes close there).

With the 3rd pick of the 2nd round, SalmonHobo selects Shaquille O'Neal. There were many guys to consider here, though he and one other truly stood out to me. But at the end of the day, his leadership and ability to make those better around him and play big in big games stood out to me.

pg2_g_shaq_magic_300.jpg

In short, he could put a team on his back for the ride. Other guys to consider here, not so much.