What's new

jazz depth= secret weapon

Secret weapon? I, and many others on the board, said this could be a big advantage prior to the season starting. Go jump back into seclusion beanclown.

Hey jumpin bean... Don't worry... Mr Mantooth is just upset because he's 2nd in the ratings... AGAIN!!!!

LOL...

He's got lots of little green lights though...

Good teams in the NBA are good because they dont keep their weapons a surprise. Mr. G Dubya Bush we have no weapons of mass destruction I'm sorry, we would have used them by now. :)

I'll trade 4 pieces of this so called depth for a Star tomorrow. If we knew we could keep Dwight for years would you give up Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward, and let's say Watson? I mean that's a lot of depth we would be giving up but most probably would.

Anyone with a brain stem would make that trade. Anyone with a Dwight Howard would not.

We beat the Sixers. They are definitely a playoff team in the East this year.

There's a difference between being a playoff team and being a good team.

There have been a few occasional recently where playoff teams have gotten in without having a winning record/barely a winning record.

Once again, until the Jazz start beating GOOD teams both on the road and at home more consistently, this team and its building will not be feared.

Plain and simple folks. Wins against the Bucks and Sixers don't do a damn thing to scare or intimidate anybody.

Wins against the Lakers, Heat, SA, or OKC do.

There's a difference between being a playoff team and being a good team.

There have been a few occasional recently where playoff teams have gotten in without having a winning record/barely a winning record.

Once again, until the Jazz start beating GOOD teams both on the road and at home more consistently, this team and its building will not be feared.

Plain and simple folks. Wins against the Bucks and Sixers don't do a damn thing to scare or intimidate anybody.

Wins against the Lakers, Heat, SA, or OKC do.

I would still consider the Sixers a good team. Maybe not a great team, but good for sure. They have a large amount of talent also.

Im not saying we have star players or that it would work any year but this year,Im just watching other teams bench players stinkin it up and if enough injuries mount on west teams and to their star player for a spell because of schedule the Jazz have youth and one of the strongest benches in the league thats only goin to improve,heck they are just as good as the starters if you ask me,so if that happens to these teams the Jazz are poised to take huge advantage of this,and maybe make the playoffs as a result of it.I didnt think after the first few games the Jazz had any chance,but looking now this angle may be their strongest weapon of getting there.

Im not saying we have star players or that it would work any year but this year,Im just watching other teams bench players stinkin it up and if enough injuries mount on west teams and to their star player for a spell because of schedule the Jazz have youth and one of the strongest benches in the league thats only goin to improve,heck they are just as good as the starters if you ask me,so if that happens to these teams the Jazz are poised to take huge advantage of this,and maybe make the playoffs as a result of it.I didnt think after the first few games the Jazz had any chance,but looking now this angle may be their strongest weapon of getting there.

Sneaking in as a low seed is a definite possibility. Isn't the Wolves pick top 17 protected this year? Hopefully we get the very last playoff seed possible on either side and have a 16th pick and get Kendall Marshall with it.

Never mind, the pick is top 14 protected. We make Playoffs, we lose pick. At least we are in a win-win situation.

We have a tendency to both over-rate and under-rate wins. We have won a game against a decent team, against a good team short people and against a crappy team short people. We earned the wins. We still had to play ball and make the plays and the wins do actually count. They do not mean we are now a lock for the playoffs, and there will not be an asterisk next to every win this year because so and so was out or such and such happened. That is the NBA; those things happen to every team at some point. It will be no different than 2004. We will earn the wins we get, we will lose plenty of games, but it's all real. Just enjoy the ride as much as we can and don't over-analyze what it means. To quote the great philosopher, Homer J. Simpson "it's just a bunch of stuff that happened".