What's new

Jazz Fan GoFundMe #HumaneJazzFans

I looked online at the Tribune page to see something i could point to show Utah weirdness. And there it was talking about beer only have 4 percent liquor instead of the 4.8 and higher most beers are. I got dirty looks asking about coffee at some gas station. Like i said weird place. I'm looked at like a zoo animal because of my skin and having tattoos. I never before felt so singled out
Look at how weird you are talking trash about a place in a thread that is about charity. Wierdo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Check it out. Be Generous. Spread the word.

https://www.gofundme.com/utah-jazz-fans-westbrook-human-rights

Jazz fans are not bigots.
Jazz fans are not racist.
Jazz fans are loyal to the Utah Jazz.

In light of recent events between Russell Westbrook & a few outlying Jazz fans, I am calling for the true, loyal, welcoming & kind Utah Jazz fans to show our true colors.

Let's raise $25,000 - the same amount Russell Westbrook was fined - and donate it to the Human Rights Campaign.

It is time to change the narrative on citizens of Utah, fans of the Jazz and those that call Utah 'home'. We are not a bunch of redneck, racist, bigots. Most of us are dads, moms, friends, hard-workers, kind-hearted, do right by each other, help our fellow man, good neighbors and welcoming to all.

I have been a Utah Jazz fan my entire life. My family has had season tickets on the 2nd row since I was 5 years old. I have been to 100+ Jazz games and had friendly banter with players from Charles Barkley to Russell Westbrook and every era in between. I have never personally experience racism or bigotry. I pride myself in being respectful to the players. I want the national media to see who we really are. #HumaneJazzFans #TakeNote

Would neg. I'm putting it on the record i'm against human rights...

I looked online at the Tribune page to see something i could point to show Utah weirdness. And there it was talking about beer only have 4 percent liquor instead of the 4.8 and higher most beers are. I got dirty looks asking about coffee at some gas station. Like i said weird place. I'm looked at like a zoo animal because of my skin and having tattoos. I never before felt so singled out

Lmfao. I’m sorry but I don’t buy it.

You must be a blast to hang out with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

At the end of the day some people will never change their minds. OP this is a great way to make lemonade.

I have made a living believing things are possible others thought were crazy. I still have people say prices are crazy, but the people that matter are more than happy to pay and rarely my competition once I work for them.

On another note the social world I live in interfacing with many different clients is very different form jazzfanz.

I come here because I don't know another place to find true fanatics. I have learned to ignore the posters that don't add to what I come to enjoy on the site.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the intention is good here, but I don't understand why the contribution wouldn't be made to a local organization? What about the Horizonte Center or Guadalupe Center (or whichever relevant local community organization; I haven't lived in Utah for years). It seems like donating the money to local kids of color would be more immediately helpful. Otherwise, it kinda feels like "sending money to those starving children in Africa." Feels out of touch still.

Seems to me that you are a little insecure about yourself. Coffee is available in every gas station. Tattoos are not abnormal here at all.

Seems to me that you are a little insecure about yourself. Coffee is available in every gas station. Tattoos are not abnormal here at all.
I'm sure that in Colorado coffee is available in every corner drugstore. But here in Utah, it's a little hard to come by.

Rep for anyone knowing the reference.

But ncoloradojazz gonna ncoloradojazz. But I'd imagine the reason he's getting looks isn't because of his coffee or tattoos, but people picking up the same vibe he gives off online, yet with the insightless disposition he has, it's easier to blame the coffee and tattoos.

I got dirty looks asking about coffee at some gas station. Like i said weird place. I'm looked at like a zoo animal because of my skin and having tattoos. I never before felt so singled out

How long ago was this? Were you in Salt Lake City or some small town in rural Utah?

I feel uncomfortable in some small towns in rural Utah and I’m a white member of the predominant church. But I feel uncomfortable in small towns across the country. I’m not ignorant enough to stereotype an entire state based off that type of experience.

I promise you there isn’t a gas station in Salt Lake City that doesn’t offer coffee.

Email from Gail Miller to the fans.

upload_2019-3-14_17-37-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-14_17-37-59.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-14_17-37-59.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 17
Gail throwing down the hammer. I like the idea of a text line. Hopefully it doesn't get abused (ie someone got three beers instead of 2 ********. Getting people in trouble for mild humourous taunting, even though it's usually lame).