What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

Lowry consistently made good decision after good decision and was as steady as a rock. And brilliant to start off game 6
he was good don't get me wrong. but still had his worst year in 4 seasons. without the brilliance of Kawhi, they aren't winning that championship. there is a comparison between Conley and Lowry and rightfully so. but there is no comparison between Kawhi and any of the players that we currently have. ZERO. You'd be delusional if you think that by adding Conley/Lowry/Gasol or whoever, would've made us comparable to this year's Raptors.

he was good don't get me wrong. but still had his worst year in 4 seasons. without the brilliance of Kawhi, they aren't winning that championship. there is a comparison between Conley and Lowry and rightfully so. but there is no comparison between Kawhi and any of the players that we currently have. ZERO.

what tf is your point ??

The only way Jazz become contenders if we make huge moves like Ujiri did. Means we need to trade Rudy for some damn superstar. But who would do that and what superstar is available?

CatiOKD.jpg

there is no comparison between us and the Raptors, period. so there is no value in overpaying to acquire someone like Lowry or Conley with no "kawhi".

what if Conley's presence opens up the court and allows Donovan's game to leap to a whole new level ??

what if Conley's presence opens up the court and allows Donovan's game to leap to a whole new level ??
that's a big IF. what IF Conley gets hurt and played less games than George Hill for us? what is the greater probability here? risk versus benefits.

And like i said, there are many ways to improve this team and open up the court for Donovan without overpaying/tying ourselves in trade talks. sign shooters who can knock down open shots is one.

the dude had ZERO room to operate dude. Having guys on the court that need to be guarded at a high level can only be a really good thing for Donovan.
That's my point, we won't win with Rudy playing 4 on 5 offense... Gasol was in a way similar defensive presence for Raptors but big difference was he was able to pass and stretch the floor. Until Rudy learns how to shoot we are flawed.

now that is basically making assumption/excuses. again, how much hindsight does it require for you, for me, for any fans who watch the game of basketball, to come to a conclusion of "Lopez > Georgis Niang"?

Yeah, you can say that other 28 GMs would've kicked themselves for missing out on Lopez too, but that is why there is only so few of those Championship contending teams each year. if we as Utah Jazz want to take that next step and become a Championship contending team, we should hold our team and our GM to such standards. and we can't win if we don't play

Brook Lopez chose to sign with a playoff team he could start for. Was that an option with the Jazz? No. He would not sign here or even consider here based on that situation.

We were never a team Lopez would consider. It is not a matter of just choosing a player they also have to choose us and our situation. Its more than just being a small market or not. Just like when JJ turned down other teams and chose to sign here. It was a good situation for him that year. It turned out well for us.

That made me double take. If we traded Ingles.....

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
who else can we realistically put on the table besides Favors? Memphis be doing us a BIG favor if they take any of Allen, Neto, Niang, or Bradley. but that is unlikely to happen, so......

Last edited: