What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

Porzingis went for a lot more than that in a trade.

Randle and Lopez together dont make us better than Conley would. I would rather get the better player.

There are players I want more than Conley but he is really good and makes us much better. If we cant land a big name in FA he is my next choice. We can also still get those type of signings you mentioned after getting Conley. We still have the TPE and MLE to sign players like that. We also can still pick up players like Royce and Ingles that make a huge difference.

the issue is never about whether or not we could, rather it is about whether or not we would. why else do you think we are in such bad place for trade talks right now? you kept saying we could still get the type of signings I mentioned, but how often has DL actually taken the step of making those signings?

we are so concerned with signing those "big name players" even though it is never supposed to be how us as a small market team should be looking at to build a contending team.

Has milwaukee signed any major "big-names" in order for them to become competitive? what they got are "supporting cast". strong role players around Giannis that made their system work.

we should do the same.

again, if Randle/Lopez/whoever, didn't work out, we can always trade them. and there is no trading Conley, or Neto/Niang/Thabo, etc.

Bucks had a better team than us this year and had playing time for him. Lopez doesnt want to play behind Gobert and probably Favors. You are also just assuming he wasnt proactive. Just because we didnt sign someone doesnt mean he wasnt proactive. I am pretty sure he was very proactive looking at FAs.
now that is basically making assumption/excuses. again, how much hindsight does it require for you, for me, for any fans who watch the game of basketball, to come to a conclusion of "Lopez > Georgis Niang"?

Yeah, you can say that other 28 GMs would've kicked themselves for missing out on Lopez too, but that is why there is only so few of those Championship contending teams each year. if we as Utah Jazz want to take that next step and become a Championship contending team, we should hold our team and our GM to such standards. and we can't win if we don't play

Last edited:
I don't see any reason to make this trade until free agency starts. Make offers to the free agents. Make them say no, if all fails then consider a trade for that 32 year old. Who else would really want or could afford Conley? Hell make them give up assets to get rid of that contract.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The deal is worth it to me if:

(1) the deal is such that we are able to operate over the cap and have the full MLE at our disposal;
(2) the second first round pick, if it is in fact part of the deal, is lottery protected.

Otherwise, I’d rather move the pick for someone like Dinwiddie that fits the timeline better.

I say flock Conley. Jazz are going to waste much more than just 1 first rounder for a guy who allegedly said he didn't want to be traded to Utah. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Conley is going to be George Hill redux. He'll have a good-great year in Quin's system, then will want a ******** of cash over 4 years to stay. Jazz will be back to square one without a PG, without a first round pick and without whatever assets were traded to obtain him. IMO, he's worth no more than this year's pick and salary filler. I wouldn't even trade Exum for him.

I don't see any reason to make this trade until free agency starts. Make offers to the free agents. Make them say no, if all fails then consider a trade for that 32 year old. Who else would really want or could afford Conley? Hell make them give up assets to get rid of that contract.

To confirm, you’re a “no” on Conley?

I say flock Conley. Jazz are going to waste much more than just 1 first rounder for a guy who allegedly said he didn't want to be traded to Utah. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Conley is going to be George Hill redux. He'll have a good-great year in Quin's system, then will want a ******** of cash over 4 years to stay. Jazz will be back to square one without a PG, without a first round pick and without whatever assets were traded to obtain him. IMO, he's worth no more than this year's pick and salary filler. I wouldn't even trade Exum for him.

But not like Hill at all because his contract is 2 years (like....~100% longer)? ‍

The jazz aren't the only team interested in Conley, if they go that route we could easily get screwed and end up with nothing and people will be calling for DLs head.
Not getting KD or Kawhi does not equal to getting nothing. There is no laws forcing DL to make zero moves and resign everyone back once we've missed out on those "big names". how much of a "big name" would you consider Okur and Boozer to be when we signed them?

The jazz aren't the only team interested in Conley, if they go that route we could easily get screwed and end up with nothing and people will be calling for DLs head.
Who? The Suns. I highly doubt they want him with that young roster. The Pistons, maybe but they should be in rebuild mode.

there are ways to improve this team without burning future assets & locking yourself even tighter in trade talks.

free agency is a lot MORE than "KD or Niang(nothing)"

If you can get Conley, you get him.

This next year is Utah’s best chance to win it all since Jordan retired the first time.

Conley takes pressure off Mitchell and keeps your defense elite. If you can add another shooter, you are as good as anyone right now (unless LA gets a third max).

And if you can get to be as good as anyone, you do it.

For 2020, there is no other player Utah can get that will help them win a title.

Russell might be better in 2-3 years, but the NBA won’t be so wide open then. Now’s your chance. Freaking take it.