What's new

Jazz, George Hill taking contract talks down to wire

It's not gonna be close. George Hill will get at-least 15% more unless he falls off a cliff to close out the season/in the playoffs...

if this is the case, then you gotta roll with Jrue Holiday.

I don't really know Jrue that well. You think he'd fit in and provide some of the same things Hill brings?

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

They're different players-- Hill is the better natural leader, but Jrue is the better playmaker. George is the better floor-spacer (you can't leave the guy open) but Jrue is the greater offensive threat. Defensively I'd say they're a wash-- while George Hill has the longer wingspan, Jrue is a genuine 6'4" and can easily guard SGs in a pinch. Here's a clip of him guarding Porz and Wiggins on post-ups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=walZf_EAAvM

He also collects steals and blocks at a higher clip, along with the good advanced D-stats that speak well on his behalf.

The kicker here is the age-difference though-- you can sign Jrue to a 4 year contract and he'll still be in his prime. Can the same be said about George?

I think the biggest loss in the case of George will just be his leadership-- but you'd hope that Hayward could pick up that slack going into his 8th or 9th year or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsLtmeopVsM

More Jrue defense. I'd say he's had a better defensive year than George Hill. Imagine him playing with Rudy.

Watch him force *Kawhi* into an air-ball 20 seconds into the clip. That's what Jrue brings us. If he's 15% below the cost of George Hill? Umm.

It's not gonna be close. George Hill will get at-least 15% more unless he falls off a cliff to close out the season/in the playoffs...

Disagree. IIRC, because of NOLA's cap situation, they'll struggle to replace Jrue if they let him walk. They will overpay to keep their own, thereby raising his price across the board.

if this is the case, then you gotta roll with Jrue Holiday.

sorry, bud

And limiting the discussion on injuries to just this year feels almost like cherry picking stats. Jrue has had serious career-threatening injuries. Systemic-type ****. Hill has caught a wild elbow and had a few sprains. These are not the same type of things. Hill has no significant injury history.

And limiting the discussion on injuries to just this year feels almost like cherry picking stats. Jrue has had serious career-threatening injuries. Systemic-type ****. Hill has caught a wild elbow and had a few sprains. These are not the same type of things. Hill has no significant injury history.

Hill got a medical redshirt his junior year. Not sure what for, but it must have been something significant.

Care to elaborate on the career-threatening, systemic injuries that Jrue has suffered through? I'd enjoy hearing how they are also systemic in nature and how "career-threatening" these injuries are, relative to other athletes who have suffered through the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...D-PlCc4Km9LsrdVSuzJTfC2d8/edit#gid=1429853637

Here's a spreadsheet of players with lower-leg stress fractures, and the rate of re-injury & future same-area injuries.

Jrue has had no lower-leg problems for two seasons, running, and has only missed games for a sick wife & a right-orbital wall fracture.

Given the amount of dings that George has had this season, this does *not* bode well for an already aging player.

OH my god, Hill's camp reportedly thinks he could be getting a max deal this offseason worth as much as $132 million over 4 years.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/30489/how-much-is-george-hill-worth-to-the-jazz

The $88.3 million the Jazz could have given Hill to get him to commit through the 2019-20 season -- a raise of the $13.6 million they have in available cap space this season and a three-year extension worth another $74.7 million -- is almost twice as much money as the nine-year veteran has made in his career so far. But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer.

I'm sorry but Hill isn't worth that much RIGHT NOW and he sure isn't going to be worth $30m+ per year when he's 35 years old.

OH my god, Hill's camp reportedly thinks he could be getting a max deal this offseason worth as much as $132 million over 4 years.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/30489/how-much-is-george-hill-worth-to-the-jazz

I'm sorry but Hill isn't worth that much RIGHT NOW and he sure isn't going to be worth $30m+ per year when he's 35 years old.

l-o-l I gotta sig every post of ppl here who mentioned that he'd go for hometown discounts.

--

just get Jrue instead.

l-o-l I gotta sig every post of ppl here who mentioned that he'd go for hometown discounts.

--

just get Jrue instead.

I know you have brains and I like. This is tru about Jru. What is this hill think!!!!!!! Daryll trade pick for nothing again. We need real assasian GM can make deals like one Thunder has.

In the two games (very small, worthless sample size) since the extension talks broke down George "Max Money" Hill is averaging 29 minutes per game, 8.5 point per game on 38% shooting (7-18), 0% from 3 (0-5), 5.5 assists per game, 2 rebounds per game, and 2 turnovers per game.

I know you have brains and I like. This is tru about Jru. What is this hill think!!!!!!! Daryll trade pick for nothing again. We need real assasian GM can make deals like one Thunder has.

Ya the thunder fleeced the warriors in the Kevin Durant trade.