What's new

Jazz, George Hill taking contract talks down to wire

T. Jones Just tweeted "League source tells Tribune Hill wants extension as much as Jazz want to extend him. This is a mutual thing."

Assuming the Jazz want to extend Favs, Hill gets done, and Hayward comes back then they would need to r/e Favs just before Hayward signs this summer, right?

Even that max deal doesn't seem SO bad. Hill has taken us from the 9 seed to fighting for the third (not the only reason obviously but a big one).

I have some faith in us going over the cap if needed if we are a contending team.

The Jazz will most likely overpay. Th benefit is too high, basically securing (or coming much closer to) securing Hayward long-term.

Assuming the Jazz want to extend Favs, Hill gets done, and Hayward comes back then they would need to r/e Favs just before Hayward signs this summer, right?

We cannot R&E Favors if we R&E Hill, because we won't have the capspace.

3 years 88 million? Aaah... Way too much.

Ya, that is way too much.

I can't believe people around here think he is worth that. Good hell. Make we want to barf.

Since when would any team in this league think George Hill would be part of a big 3? Not the Spurs or Pacers, but the Jazz do. Wtf?

We cannot R&E Favors if we R&E Hill, because we won't have the capspace.

Unless there's a change in the new CBA, they'll have to wait for Favors to hit free agency and then use his Bird rights to go over the cap. Hill, Hayward and Gobert will take up too much cap space to do any more extensions.

I don't think I like the idea of paying Hill the max. I'm sorry, but I don't think he's a max-player, and he's on the wrong side of 30. If it's 20m a year, then okay, at least that's a tradable contract if Exum pans out.

They will after they use the option on Diaw and before Hayward signs. I think?

No, because Gobert's money will be on the books and Hayward's caphold(about 25M) will be on the books and Hill's new contract will be on the books.

Ya, that is way too much.

I can't believe people around here think he is worth that. Good hell. Make we want to barf.

Since when would any team in this league think George Hill would be part of a big 3? Not the Spurs or Pacers, but the Jazz do. Wtf?

Who are you going to give that money to who will make us as good as Hill?

Do you want him going to the Spurs because you waffled on an extra $5 or so million per year?

No, because Gobert's money will be on the books and Hayward's caphold(about 25M) will be on the books and Hill's new contract will be on the books.

Oh I thought hayward's cap hold would be not much more than he's making now.