What's new

Jazz get a Christmas Day game!

New Christmas Unis to fawn over.

It should be fun. Christmas evening is usually a drag. Now we have something to look forward to.

All I want for Christmas is my own two seats, my own two seats, yes my own two seats. So I can watch my Jazz play on Christmas.

Because other teams had them, but we didn't.
I know that, but why would teams want to play on christmas day? If I were a player, that would be a day I would not want to play and just stay home with my family.

I'm not from the US, is there something about playing on Christmas day that makes it important?

I just hope they don't stick the Jazz with the 10:30 EST game (which will probably start closer to 11 on the east coast). My guess is they will.

You have to figure The Lakers/GSW game will get prime time.

I know that, but why would teams want to play on christmas day? If I were a player, that would be a day I would not want to play and just stay home with my family.

I'm not from the US, is there something about playing on Christmas day that makes it important?
Yeah, I don't understand it, either. As a viewer, I don't know that I've ever tuned in to a Christmas game. I suppose if you're a player and don't have family, it would make more sense to be playing a game rather than stuck in a city in between games where you don't have family.

New Christmas Unis to fawn over.

It should be fun. Christmas evening is usually a drag. Now we have something to look forward to.
They need to have Jingling Joe bells on them. And curly-pointy shoes. Would be awesome.

Hell if I can get to Utah for Christmas this year I will be at this game, probably spring for lower bowl tix. This is better than Thanksgiving day movies (our longest-standing family tradition).

929791_orig.jpg
Every time a bell rings, Donovan Mitchell gets his wings.

I just hope they don't stick the Jazz with the 10:30 EST game (which will probably start closer to 11 on the east coast). My guess is they will.

You have to figure The Lakers/GSW game will get prime time.
Well it is in that slot....now we’re just getting greedy.

As for why you’d want a Christmas Day game. It’s a sign of respect from the NBA. They want ratings that day. If they’re putting the Jazz on it’s because there’s hype around some certain guy and they are a decent storyline cause the market certainly ain’t it.

Also speaks to just how much people think Donovan will do. There’s some pressure on Donovan this year. Yes I think he can handle it, but he kind of freely had the franchise on his back last year, this year it’s becoming pretty obvious there are expectations of what he will do clear up to the NBA level and the thoughts of what he’s about to do are sky high by everyone. Jazz don’t get a Christmas game without Donovan. It’s a star driven league, and I believe he’ll meet those expectations but they’re certainly on him now with all this hype.

"Getting Jingled" is going to take on a whole new meaning.

Jingles' ball, Jingles' ball, Jingles all the way.....
The jazz need to hold a jingling joe bobble head day on Christmas lol. Would be a great Christmas gift for jazz fans.
Why is a Christmas day game so important?

Simply put, if you are playing on Christmas Day, the nba consideres you a premier team, if it goes well you get more nationally televised games more overall recognition, which means better reputation, which means better players want to sign with us think the Spurs.

It’s not great for some players but great for organization success.

Because nearly everyone is off work on Christmas and they will watch NBA games. So it's the most exposure you can get in the regular season.

I'm so excited about this. I saw this news on the sportscenter ticker last night and I was stunned.