What's new

Jazz @ Grizzlies 6:00pm (MST) on ESPN

Jazz need to release Tony. He's pretty useless. Sign either Joakim Noah or Marcin Gortat to replace him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Noah got hurt in the offseason, but if we're going off of his last season, the dude would be a very good backup. Also played with Conley which would be a plus.

If Exum plays well which he does about 30% of the 50% of the games he actually plays in. Otherwise, even bum-*** Uncle Jeff at least has to be guarded off the ball.

If Jeff isn't shooting well he does nothing else, nor does he defend. At all.

At least Dante would defend if he can't score.

I think this is the issue with Green And Mudiay. Good value if they hit their shots. Don’t offer much else if they don’t

If Exum plays well which he does about 30% of the 50% of the games he actually plays in. Otherwise, even bum-*** Uncle Jeff at least has to be guarded off the ball.

Doesn't matter. Exum can break the paint at will. Jeff Green can't do that. Exum also defends. Putting the ball in Exum's hands lets Joe spot up from 3 more. Jeff Green is a dufus when he plays on the ball.

He's 39% on threes and he's generally a good defender.

The book on Green has always been that if you're relying on him too much, you're going to resent it. He plays games and you have to guard him.

In case I wasn't clear, Exum is not good at basketball and he will never shoot 39% from 3 in his career even if wide-open (which he usually is... for a reason).

Doesn't matter. Exum can break the paint at will. Jeff Green can't do that. Exum also defends. Putting the ball in Exum's hands lets Joe spot up from 3 more. Jeff Green is a dufus when he plays on the ball.
And he's best at throwing the lob to Rudy!

The book on Green has always been that if you're relying on him too much, you're going to resent it. He plays games and you have to guard him.

In case I wasn't clear, Exum is not good at basketball and he will never shoot 39% from 3 in his career even if wide-open (which he usually is... for a reason).

He’ll get to the rim like a ************. Esp with the more open floor we have now

Exum is a case for a psychological study on fandom. He benefits from actually not playing, growing in legend as though he is actually good at basketball while also getting the benefit of pity and fallacy that he has all this untapped upside.

With Exum, Mudiay and Ingles on the floor together, you've got three guys who can create with the ball, and two of them can get to the rim. Whereas, Jeff Green floating around the perimeter can't do much.