What's new

Jazz @ Grizzlies 6:00pm (MST) on ESPN

Whether a foul is called or isn't doesn't change what occurred, which was that he was clearly hacked. If refs called games like that, the Jazz lose in Phoenix too.

Anyway.

The ESPN replay never showed him being hacked unless you have Superman vision.

I'm not upset but Mitchell still missed 3 shots in the last minute and had a turnover.

I'm not surprised the Grizzlies won. The Jazz have won too many close games of late, so it's bound to happen. The Jazz will be better.

I'm not sure where to put this, but someone that watched more of the game will have to let me know why Joe was not in the game at the end besides literally the last play.

This.

Joe Ingles put Mitchell in a bad situation but to his credit, no one got open. If you can't get a guy open on a mid court inbounds play you're not drawing up something right.
In retrospect maybe we shouldn't have called the last timeout when we got possession with thirty plus seconds left.

I'm not surprised the Grizzlies won. The Jazz have won too many close games of late, so it's bound to happen. The Jazz will be better.

I'm not sure where to put this, but someone that watched more of the game will have to let me know why Joe was not in the game at the end besides literally the last play.
Instead of Royce? Because I don’t see us pulling Conley out in Memphis.

Yeah Rudy was complete and utter superstar level today.

Edit: you take a look at the numbers 9/11 shooting, 21 points 14 rebounds, an assist, 4 blocks, +11, and the stats don't even tell the whole story that the eye test would as well. Countless successful screens, shot changing attempts. Just a beast.

In retrospect maybe we shouldn't have called the last timeout when we got possession with thirty plus seconds left.
I liked it. Bought the Jazz a two-for-one, they just botched the first of the two. Also, Quin's supposed to be a mastermind out of a timeout.

On the last play it looks like Kyle Anderson was on Rudy. Make Mitchell a decoy and throw it to Gobert. Better odds imho.

Instead of Royce? Because I don’t see us pulling Conley out in Memphis.
I was thinking Royce, but Conley would've probably made the most sense if these weren't human beings with dumb thoughts and feelings.

To clarify, the second JJJ went out, Joe should've come in. That would've been a tough cover for anyone besides Royce (or maybe Green).

I liked it. Bought the Jazz a two-for-one, they just botched the first of the two. Also, Quin's supposed to be a mastermind out of a timeout.
Nah, you're right. I'm dumb and forgot it was their second to last to anyway, so it was definitely the right call.

I'm really not overly disappointed in this loss. These things happen. This team still needs to figure out how to consistently play and share the ball in the 4th.