What's new

Jazz invite Paul Carter to camp

Here is a highlight video of him

[video=youtube_share;ZK1qRlIIOGs]https://youtu.be/ZK1qRlIIOGs

He looks like has average hops but enough footwork and skill to score in faceups around the hoops. He also as a well developed jumper. I noted that there were no defensive highlights. So maybe that will keep him off the team.

Lockedonsports Any player invited to truncated NBA training camps is going to have a legit chance to make team, no time to waste with courtesy invites.
twitter from 9 pm dec 5.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Lockedonsports

Why did he transfer from Minnesota? https://articles.chicagotribune.com...-uic-basketbal20100828_1_bria-paul-carter-uic

Sounds like a Jazzman, strong character, supports the family, good guy. I'm a sucker for the human interest story so I hope he makes it.

Last edited:
I like that he is lefty but uses his right hand a lot as well. Looks like he has long wingspan which helps him to rebound and dunk without jumping much. Great strong hands - really protects basketball well going up for the layups or dunks. And pretty decent looking jumper as well even if it is only highlights so we do not know how many of these jumpers he is missing. Might be ok as a backup SF - he is going to be cheap, somewhere in the range of 0.5 mil/year. Certainly not worse then O.Jeffries.

I like that he is lefty but uses his right hand a lot as well. Looks like he has long wingspan which helps him to rebound and dunk without jumping much. Great strong hands - really protects basketball well going up for the layups or dunks. And pretty decent looking jumper as well even if it is only highlights so we do not know how many of these jumpers he is missing. Might be ok as a backup SF - he is going to be cheap, somewhere in the range of 0.5 mil/year. Certainly not worse then O.Jeffries.

How I miss Jeffries.

ojeffries.png

KOC is king of the under-the-radar kids out of college. Jeremy Evans' stats didn't look great either (though I'm not comparing Evans and Carter as players at all).

I like that Carter seems to have a good understanding of team play, how to find space, and that as a spot-up shooter he has good form and really nice rhythm. But this is all based on that one highlight video. Also, I really have no idea how he plays D which is a pretty big thing.

Ya not sure how he is compared to Evans at all.

The way they play is different, but 6’-8” skinny kid, plays for a small college, good character, under the radar, does some things well, probably a 12 to 14 man on a 15 player roster and KOC likes him. Doesn't remind anyone else of Jeremy Evans?

Last edited:
The way they play is different, but 6’-8” skinny kid, plays for a small college, good character, under the radar, does some things well, probably a 12 to 14 man on a 15 player roster and KOC likes him. Doesn't remind anyone else of Jeremy Evans?

I think he was refering to the fact that Carter's game lacks Evans incredible athletic ability. Carter seems to be more skilled and a average NBA athlete.

Evans brings some good shotblocking to the table too. I haven't seen a highlight block from Carter anywhere.

He reminded me a little of CJ. Not has athletic but more basketball IQ. I think he looked good shooting from outside. The Jazz need to fill out the roster with a couple cheap guys so I wouldn't be against him making the squad.