What's new

Jazz @ Lakers: NBATV 9:30 Central Time

He's a really underrated defender. I thought Lou would smoke him... he did better than anyone out there.

Jingle's D reminds me a bit of latter-day Hornacek, when he was playing on one leg. Savvy, good positioning, high IQ, deceptively quick hands. Making up for low athleticism with brains.

Jingle's D reminds me a bit of latter-day Hornacek, when he was playing on one leg. Savvy, good positioning, high IQ, deceptively quick hands. Making up for low athleticism with brains.

not a bad comp. A little latter-day Paul Pierce-ish, too.

Credit screen assist for Joe Johnson for Jingles winning 3.

Jingles set off-ball screen on Randle, freeing rudy to set high screens for Mack (slips) and then weak side screen for Hayward. Randle switched onto Jingles on the low block screen and Young switches off of Jingles to chase Rudy's high screens.

Then Randle sees the off ball screen action for Hayward, and stays in the lane in anticipation of Hayward cut to the rim.

Meanwhile, on strong side, Deng is covering Joe Johnson. Johnson sets an aggressive screen on Deng, preventing him from switching onto Jingles, who knocks down the open corner three, with Randle in the lane.

Great hoops IQ by Joe J. Really well designed and executed play by the Jazz. The misdirection and solid screening had the Lakers scrambling.

We have taken six charges this year as a team... Kyle korver has taken 8... Tyler seller has taken 6... I wouldn't have Gobert doing it but Mack, Exum, Hood and Hayward should be getting a few... hill is actually pretty good at it but he died a few weeks ago... RIP

thats ebcause we play real defense we dont use a cheap trick like a charge to negate a layup!

Gonna guess Gobert has pretty significant splits on his home vs away free throws. I've only seen a few games, but he has looked far more confident at home than on the road. The crowds can get him pretty rattled at that line, which is understandable.

Gonna guess Gobert has pretty significant splits on his home vs away free throws. I've only seen a few games, but he has looked far more confident at home than on the road. The crowds can get him pretty rattled at that line, which is understandable.

He's going to need to work on that for the playoffs. He's had a couple of mediocre games in a row now, hopefully he can show the rook Embiid what's up.

Charges pretty much never happen on accident. The defensive player has to decide that he's going to "take" a charge and fall on the ground to sell it.

That said, I'd love some of our guys to take a charge now and then. You've got to use as many tools, angles, tricks as possible to get an edge.

It should be outlawed for help defenders to draw charges. One of the most dangerous plays and is boring to watch.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hear, hear. I wish the NBA would do away with this rule, I hate it. NBA refs even call charges if the defender moves into position once the offensive player leaves the ground; how the hell is the offensive player supposed to avoid contact in that situation?

Then, once the NBA has gotten rid of this rule, they shold get rid of the rule (or practice) of allowing offensive players to jump into defenders (thus initiating contact)and calling the foul on the defense.

While they are at it, they need to eliminate the rule that allows offensive players to sweep their arms and ball underneath the defender's arm and then raising to shoot; once again initiating the contact but benefitting from refs calling a shooting foul.

This was awesome. I hate Boler and Harprings "Oh My Moment" crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EcoO1EAZy4

Hear, hear. I wish the NBA would do away with this rule, I hate it. NBA refs even call charges if the defender moves into position once the offensive player leaves the ground; how the hell is the offensive player supposed to avoid contact in that situation?

Then, once the NBA has gotten rid of this rule, they shold get rid of the rule (or practice) of allowing offensive players to jump into defenders (thus initiating contact)and calling the foul on the defense.

While they are at it, they need to eliminate the rule that allows offensive players to sweep their arms and ball underneath the defender's arm and then raising to shoot; once again initiating the contact but benefitting from refs calling a shooting foul.
All of this.
And it seems like common sense. Can't believe things haven't changed already.

This was awesome. I hate Boler and Harprings "Oh My Moment" crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EcoO1EAZy4

"That's what I'm taking about right there. That's what I'm talking about right there." Is so much better than "oh my, moment"

Smd.

I had a nice streak going last year and GS ended it. If Burks was back maybe I'd have considered it. Was catching heat for the GT girls too, figured I'd give it a lil break.
You have to have faith brother...lucky charms aren't afraid of anything. Don't keep it bottled up.

Home: 75-107, 70.1% (avg 6.3 att/game)
Away: 47-75, 62.7% (avg 5.0 att/game)