What's new

Jazz making "major" announcement at 3:30 pm today

This is 2023. Donovan is playing for NY by then.
giphy.gif

All-Star weekend in 1993 was so much fun! I didn't go to the actual game, but I did get to attend the practices of both the East and West teams (Karl and John, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Isiah Thomas, Scottie Pippin, Charles Barkley, David Robinson, Clyde Drexler, etc). If I recall correctly (it was a long time ago after all), it was the first time there was all the fan experience stuff. It was great! I'm excited about this announcement, even though I will be lucky to see any of it.

So who is the first moron group that calls for a boycott?
I’m not sure I follow your question, but I’ll take a stab and say organizations that correctly recognize the horrific LGBTQIA suicide rate for LDS youth in this state if the state can’t pass a conversion therapy ban.

For every reason imaginable, hopefully a ban passes.

Last time there was an All-Star game in SLC I got an invitation to attend it in a luxury box. I accepted. A couple of days after that the company I was working for offered me two lower bowl tickets. I told them I was already going and they ought to give them to someone else, which they did. Then, hours before the game, I got a call from the guy who had invited me to his luxury box profusely apologizing that he had overbooked and that he wasn't going to be able to give me my tickets. What a painful memory! In 2023 I'm buying my own tickets.

Last time there was an All-Star game in SLC I got an invitation to attend it in a luxury box. I accepted. A couple of days after that the company I was working for offered me two lower bowl tickets. I told them I was already going and they ought to give them to someone else, which they did. Then, hours before the game, I got a call from the guy who had invited me to his luxury box profusely apologizing that he had overbooked and that he wasn't going to be able to give me my tickets. What a painful memory! In 2023 I'm buying my own tickets.

What a hoser!

You should have egged his house while he was at the game.