What's new

Jazz Media / Content Day

Boler just dropped a tiktok of him doing 49.

Also, for those bagging on the "Team 49" concept. Look again at the pics of the team on the Jazz twitter page. It's a bunch of strangers, including the head coach. (Pretty sure that video is of Markannen meeting Vanderbilt for the first time.) These guys don't know each other AT ALL. They need some kind of identity. Team 49 is an identity that god knows this team needs. I like it.

Man its clear Leon the Don is such a scardy cat. Never faces the actual media. Couldn't pull the trigger on the big deal. Can't sit down and tell his coach to maybe just maybe play one of the kids he declared untouchable.

Grimes/IQ/Toppin gonna get like 12 minutes a game each.
Yeah, well, the other part is their galaxy-brain trust thought it was a good idea to go on a spending spree to grab flawed vets on the decline and stymying the youth movement that might've played an important role in their short ascendence. In other words, the existence of the road block is his fault too.

Beasley strikes me as similar to Don is saying the right things and such. Not that I think he's a phony but I worry he laying it on a little thick. I'm hopeful he stays out of trouble off the court and makes some improvements on the court.
Contract year, too, essentially...

I think he's gonna pop this year.

Also, for those bagging on the "Team 49" concept. Look again at the pics of the team on the Jazz twitter page. It's a bunch of strangers, including the head coach. (Pretty sure that video is of Markannen meeting Vanderbilt for the first time.) These guys don't know each other AT ALL. They need some kind of identity. Team 49 is an identity that god knows this team needs. I like it.
They got a number... that's their identity. Okay... problem solved.

Pretty much every oddsmaker has the Jazz at 24.5 wins.

A lot of people here seem to be terrified the Jazz will actually be good.

So will anyone actually make the bet on the over?

I would... Based on last year there were 4 teams that were under that number. OKC had to lie cheat steal to stay under. Indiana packed up shop early and still didn't get there. We have at least 8-9 legit nba rotation players.

OKC, Houston, and Orlando last year did not. Detroit ended up having Grant and Cade have injuries so they missed a lot of high level (for a tanking team) minutes.

I just see the baseline of players that we have currently that can help you win games as being higher than other teams.

Yes, it is a win-win. If we go below that total it means we are getting some great lottery odds.

There are a ton of people packed in and around Cleveland. There are major cities without an NBA team all within a couple of hundred miles of Cleveland: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cinci and Columbus, Ohio. They might all send reporters to the Cavs media day.
Cleveland is Lit right now with all 3 sports teams looking on the up. I watched some of their stuff and saw a good amount of national media there. not just regional. It is just because of the trade just happened probably. But I think it also started last season when they were pretty surprising to start the season before all the injuries. Garland breaking out and Mobley looking like a future star etc.

In other good news, Jazz executives must be sitting on the boards of IHC because Intermountain Healthcare is becoming Intermountain Health in 2023. Utah has been hitting rebranding homeruns all year long.