What's new

Jazz Media / Content Day

Love Locke's energy & positivity when things don't go right.

But I'll never understand why he insists on using clip-on-screen webcam with 720p resolution and a $5 mic for his podcasts..

Seems like he hasn't left the 90s tech wise..

Love Locke's energy & positivity when things don't go right.

But I'll never understand why he insists on using clip-on-screen webcam with 720p resolution and a $5 mic for his podcasts..

Seems like he hasn't left the 90s tech wise..
This is something I will never understand too. I love his enthusiasm and the tons of work he puts into his project... but I have no idea how the radio guy of the Jazz cannot get a good setup to record his podcast. He doesn't even need anything super pricey. There are very affordable options that would elevate the level of his sound and video a ton.

Not sure if he does or doesn’t. Next time I see him I will ask
Thanks! If not he is missing out on the collective wisdom of some of the greatest minds in basketball fandom. Not to mention the disjointed ramblings of @Thee Idiotic Minivan K . That's entertaining enough by itself!

Last edited:
This is something I will never understand too. I love his enthusiasm and the tons of work he puts into his project... but I have no idea how the radio guy of the Jazz cannot get a good setup to record his podcast. He doesn't even need anything super pricey. There are very affordable options that would elevate the level of his sound and video a ton.
I mean his imaging and the production music on his pods is also very 90s… so hes consistent if nothing else.

Yeah, that's definitely a valid complaint. It's a free podcast, but they run enough ads where the production quality should be much higher.

I think he’s one of those guys who just turns up and does 1 thing, commentate, interview, whatever, ala Hollywood Actors (at times I think that's what he think of himself as).

Any tech related suggestions and he'd be like "I have no idea the station has the tech guys to take care of all that stuff, I'm just here to talk".

Some interesting comments from Windhorst...sounds like he thinks the tank is on, regardless of what the Jazz say. He made a good point about how everything the Jazz have said publicly over the past few months has basically been a lie.
I mean, everyone can look at the roster and believe that even if the Jazz try hard with these guys they won't win a lot of games.

That's fine, but I'm not sure it's the same as the Jazz trying to lose games intentionally if this group manages to pan out a bit and do better than expected.

I have a small feeling that this team may be much better than we all expect and sneak into the playoffs.
Jazz fans have been spoiled by long periods of good coaching and complementary players. Just watch the game on Sunday. We will resemble Summer League more than real NBA play. We have exactly 2 players that are willing passers, and one of them is a center. We have shooters but can put no pressure on the rim, and have probably 1 high level defender that will get time.

Additionally we have a new coach and mismatched group of players with little to no familiarity with one another. Every one of our players will be looking to get theirs as there is no established hierarchy.

It is going to get ugly and a LOT ugly before any sort of promise is fulfilled.

Jazz fans have been spoiled by long periods of good coaching and complementary players. Just watch the game on Sunday. We will resemble Summer League more than real NBA play. We have exactly 2 players that are willing passers, and one of them is a center. We have shooters but can put no pressure on the rim, and have probably 1 high level defender that will get time.

Additionally we have a new coach and mismatched group of players with little to no familiarity with one another. Every one of our players will be looking to get theirs as there is no established hierarchy.

It is going to get ugly and a LOT ugly before any sort of promise is fulfilled.
Maybe, but I think it is going to be fun to watch anyway. I haven't ever seen anything like it.