What's new

Jazz need to bring in a big free agent, or they need to consider trading BOTH Rudy and Donovan

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I could see the Jazz trade Gobert to the Pels if the Pels were to send back Valanciunas, Trey Murphy and two Lakers' picks. Pels have the Lakers FRPs unprotected in 2022 and 2024, plus a pick swap in 2023.

Pels with McCollum, Ingram, Jones, Zion and Rudy would be legit contenders.

KqWIN

Trading Donovan is a fake scenario that only occurs if Donovan demands out himself. Even if you think it is the best possible move, you’re kidding yourself if that’s a realistic option that the franchise is considering.

Wake up call is not the right term here. I don’t think people would actually deny that what’s about to happen is about to happen. But there’s a ton of energy spent on theoreticals that absolutely will not happen. Jazz trading Don without him demanding it himself is as realistic as us trading Mike Conley for Giannis. It ain’t happening.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
Will depend on what FO think of current situation. If they do believe that adding one good player can give us a 2 years window, they may try to do it and get a good FA. If they do believe that Don-Rudy partnership even with another good player has no chance of winning, they may go for a complete rebuild. Both options are possible for me .

LoPo

Trading Donovan is a fake scenario that only occurs if Donovan demands out himself. Even if you think it is the best possible move, you’re kidding yourself if that’s a realistic option that the franchise is considering.

Wake up call is not the right term here. I don’t think people would actually deny that what’s about to happen is about to happen. But there’s a ton of energy spent on theoreticals that absolutely will not happen. Jazz trading Don without him demanding it himself is as realistic as us trading Mike Conley for Giannis. It ain’t happening.
Exactly. Spot on.

You don't have to be a Don hater or Don fan to realize that building around a 25 year old 3 time All Star under contract the next 3+ years is the path they will take.

If he wants to stay....

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

jom2003

We don't even have the salary space to do a Memo/Booz type of signing. Unless we can offload Conley’s contract. Gay too

bopahull

Contributor

Figures, perfect time to cash out on both Mitchell and Gobert along with their childish feuding, and not be terribly impacted because guys like Clarkson and Dok are going to step up along with incomings like possibly Fournier and Vucevic along with multiple first rounders for the years ahead! But noooooo, we ain't going to do that and ruin our chances of having two All Stars in the hometown hosting of the event. And of course, that means Snyder stays as well! Somebody shoot me, just put me out of my misery!
B-A-N-G!!!!!!!