What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

I would be shocked if Favors AND Bojan will both be here next year. I think that leaves a window open for Brantley depending on what we do in trades, the draft, etc. Also could mean a closed door for Thomas, Oni, etc.

The guys I expect to stay:
Rudy
Don
Conley
Joe
Royce
Doke

The guys I think will probably stay:
Hughes
Clarkson
Two of Oni, Brantley and Thomas

One or both of these will be gone:
Favors
Bojan
Just ****ing cut Thomas... what is the scenario where we need to play a small shooting guard with no defense next to our other small guards? Even if they just bought a late second rounder and drafted my dog and paid her 900K that would generate like 2.5M in savings... and lets be honest... everyone ****ing loves my dog... she would improve locker room morale 200%.

Not to mention 2x-3x more difficult largely because of how bad they did last year.

For Christ’s sake, it was so bad that the guy that engineered the Rudy and Donovan heists got fired. We’re not just making **** up.
Right... that is exactly what I am implying... say you don't sign Favs or anyone with MLE. You don't start the repeater tax clock... you saved some dough to help pay for this year's spend and you don't have to sell off our paltry amount of draft capital. Maybe you even saw Udoka and he was playable... there is another asset.

What if you also had #47 still and could use it in a trade? Might not net much but maybe land a couple future second rounders to use later. Its a tiny move... shouldn't matter at all... but when you have very little to start with it makes a difference.

Just ****ing cut Thomas... what is the scenario where we need to play a small shooting guard with no defense next to our other small guards? Even if they just bought a late second rounder and drafted my dog and paid her 900K that would generate like 2.5M in savings... and lets be honest... everyone ****ing loves my dog... she would improve locker room morale 200%.
I think Thomas gets cut, I believe Tony and Andy have both mentioned that that's what they expect.

I think Thomas gets cut, I believe Tony and Andy have both mentioned that that's what they expect.
I would love to know who's idea that was. I'd have loved to be in the room when it was brought up... I'd have loved to see Massai's face when he got the call.

I'm curious where Favs ends up... Sounds like there is a 80% chance he is on the move.

One of Tony or Andy said a couple weeks ago in an interview "Since Dennis is gone, I don't see Matt Thomas being brought back" so that tells you.
What a dick move... giving up a second for no damn reason. I blame Ryan for not taking the keys to the car from him.

What a dick move... giving up a second for no damn reason. I blame Ryan for not taking the keys to the car from him.
I don't think Ryan wanted to look like an owner coming in hot that was disrupting such a good team. He didn't want to come in and look like James Dolan or something but there wasn't one thing Dennis did last year that was good. It's also pretty obvious Ryan didn't want to spend his money on a $10 million backup center and now they're going to have to trade an asset to dump that problem Dennis created as well. The obvious pick was Desmond Bane, I think some players on the team even wanted Desmond Bane, fans wanted Bane, and what did Dennis do? He wasted that pick too. Dennis's last year was an unmitigated disaster and I agree, he should have been fired for even thinking about making some the decisions he ended up making.

So apparently Kuzma's stock is super low... was listening to the locked on Lakers guy on the general NBA pod... mentioned it was so low he was thinking of like Thompson for Kuzma just so they have a backup center.

I'm not a huge Kuzma fan... he's mediocre imo... but we are kind of in the bargain shopping mode. So eff it... lets do it.

No matter how low you are on Kuzma I think you have to agree that his value is at an all time low. I’m with you, I think he can be a bargain pickup. I ultimately don’t think we lose too much by exchanging him for Bogey. We save salary, get a pick (picks?), and get a little upside with Kuz.

No matter how low you are on Kuzma I think you have to agree that his value is at an all time low. I’m with you, I think he can be a bargain pickup. I ultimately don’t think we lose too much by exchanging him for Bogey. We save salary, get a pick (picks?), and get a little upside with Kuz.
Been singing this song for weeks

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Sure, Kuzma's value is at an all-time low on the trade market, but he still cost a good chunk of money for a player who isnt a starter and isnt a top 6th man type. The Jazz can't afford to take a shot at him.

Sure, Kuzma's value is at an all-time low on the trade market, but he still cost a good chunk of money for a player who isnt a starter and isnt a top 6th man type. The Jazz can't afford to take a shot at him.
It obviously depends on how much we send out and what kind of draft capital comes back.

He's not a starter when he's playing with LBJ at SF, AD at PF and a C since AD refuses to play C, but he's a starter for us if he replaces Bojan. He brings different things than Bojan, but he's definitely a starter.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If we can turn Bogey into Nance that’s good for us as well. We have to cut costs somehow. I want to it by keeping Niang and getting a cheaper player than Bogey. He’s a luxury we can’t afford.

Not sure if posted already, but here's a report that Kuz was offered to UTA.

Thanks for sharing.

If the Lakers "offered" Kuzma to Utah like they offered him to Indiana (KK & #22 for TJW & #13), then I know why we said no.

They probably said Kuzma and Gasol for Bojan and #30

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app