What's new

Jazz @ Phoenix: 7:00pm MST (FSN)

"A lot of guys played well for us, man, I'm sick of playing like crap, man, I just need to pull my weight and help this team." -Williams in the post-game interview.

Is that real?

Also, now is the time to start counting moral victories since there's so much uncertainty. The Jazz were short some players, Deron played like absolute garbage, and the Jazz still were competitive the entire game. No feast and famine. They seemed to play hard and with purpose, they just don't have a strong offensive game and they haven't all year. Hayward looked good too, I'm starting to hope beyond what I know I should about the kid, but he belongs in the rotation.

And really, the storyline of the game is Channing Frye playing like an MVP candidate tonight. ****ing stupid.

Deron could use some humble pie.

It would have been awesome if Hayward had yelled at Deron during this game for not running through on a fastbreak.

Perhaps Deron's finally beginning to realize that he makes mistakes too.... A lot of them.... That's the first step to him moving forward as a player.

It would have been awesome if Hayward had yelled at Deron during this game for not running through on a fastbreak.

Perhaps Deron's finally beginning to realize that he makes mistakes too.... A lot of them.... That's the first step to him moving forward as a player.

I'm hoping Deron grows from this for that specific reason. No one to blame anymore, Corbin's his puppet and everyone knows it. He'll own it and become better, or he'll become Carmelo.

Deron carried us early in the season(remember that player of the month award? seems so long ago now..) but now he's in a slump and he knows it.

some teams can keep winning with their superstar slumping, but this team isnt deep enough(or not as a talented as you'd like)

he's in a slump and he knows it.
Maybe Raja can teach him to shoot from a chair. I read that in the paper the day that he started shooting over 50% 7 or eight games ago. I know most of us are so bent out of shape about this team/season that it seems like Raja is still in a slump.

Deron carried us early in the season(remember that player of the month award? seems so long ago now..) but now he's in a slump and he knows it.

some teams can keep winning with their superstar slumping, but this team isnt deep enough(or not as a talented as you'd like)

Slumping or playing the way he really is?

Perhaps Deron was another product of the Jazz system? Perhaps Deron fed off having Boozer and Okur being in the prime of their careers? Looking back now, we hard easily the best 4/5 combo offensively in the league. What would we give to have a (healthy) Memo? How much do we miss a PF that gobbled up rebounds and could make plays in the pick and roll? How deep were we when Boozer came out and Millsap came in? With all due respect to Fess and Fransico, it just isn't the same thing.
With all due respect to Evans and Hayward, it's not the same as Kirilenko and Harpring. Heck, even Fisher, Brewer, Korver, giri, were better than chucker and Raja.

I'm really beginning to question whether the real Deron is that player of the month wayyyyy long ago or the one we've had for the majority of this season.

Maybe Raja can teach him to shoot from a chair. I read that in the paper the day that he started shooting over 50% 7 or eight games ago. I know most of us are so bent out of shape about this team/season that it seems like Raja is still in a slump.

you mean so they can score even if they're sitting on the bench? if they'd move the bench inbounds, it just might work. Memo Money for Three - and he wouldn't even have to be out running up and down the floor ;-)

Have to Say that even though he made some mistakes and got treated like a rookie on some fouls (called on him, and not called when he was fouled) I was pretty impressed with Hayward tonight. His line was pretty nice to considering his playing time 9 points, 8 Rebounds, 3 steals in 25 min. while shooting 50% from the floor and making his only 3 attempt. And had a +14 in the plus/minus.

He attacked the rim and played pretty good defense on Nash a few times when he was switched over to him. Last 2 games have been good for him and hopefully we well see him continue to play well and get better.

Have to Say that even though he made some mistakes and got treated like a rookie on some fouls (called on him, and not called when he was fouled) I was pretty impressed with Hayward tonight. His line was pretty nice to considering his playing time 9 points, 8 Rebounds, 3 steals in 25 min. while shooting 50% from the floor and making his only 3 attempt. And had a +14 in the plus/minus.

He attacked the rim and played pretty good defense on Nash a few times when he was switched over to him. Last 2 games have been good for him and hopefully we well see him continue to play well and get better.

He led two one man fast breaks, which impressed me. No wasting time outletting it Deron, he just took it and wen't.

This thread is so full of win. This board goes into full panic mode when the Jazz aren't doing well. Sucks when they lose, but it sure makes this board far more entertaining.

The Jazz aren't that talented and their roster makeup is flawed. Look at the moves we made in the offseason. With the exception of acquiring Watson, every one of our moves was a downgrade. With Jefferson in the post, this team needs consistent three point shooting and the Jazz simply don't have it.

That was a heartbreaking loss. That really should have been a win, but boy it doesn't seem to matter if it's Sloan or Ty they just can't defend the 3 point shot.

Is it just me or did it seem like they were setting a lot of moving screens. When Gortat or whoever would go set the high screen for Nash, and DWill went under it, they would move and act like they were going to the basket (though they never did). The end result was Nash wide open for the easy shot. If they are going to call DWill for palming (3 times) then the moving screen should be an easy call too. Did anybody else think that about the screens? Maybe it was just me...

The refs in the NBA are lax in calling moving screens, period, not just this game. This is something they need to crack down on; not sure why they don't call it that much.

Too little too late probably.

Dude could have eaten the humble pie with Sloan as his coach. Now just two games after DWill power played him out, he eats it??? Chump.

I would have cherished that. GH +14 D-Will -16

I'm thinking we go on a run after the AS Break. I think we'll surprise Dallas and will incinerate the other teams. The only truly super tough game will be against Boston.

He led two one man fast breaks, which impressed me. No wasting time outletting it Deron, he just took it and wen't.

Here here! Fantastic game. His line was ok, but his play was better than the box. He had a nose for the ball last night and picked up several loose balls that he really had no business coming up with but did anyway. Great game! I've been down on his possibilities since early in the season, but saw flashes of brilliance last night.

To add, one of those one man fast breaks came about because Chucker Smiles loafed around and gave up on the play. He had a ten foot lead on dribbling Hayward and didn't make it to the three point line before Hayward was shooting. Absolutely pathetic! He didn't even come in to clean up the boards.

Deron is just not able to rise to his potential lately. I don't know if the problem is with his wrist or his head.