What's new

Jazz select Udoka Azubuike with pick 27 & trade Tony Bradley + pick 38 to the Pistons

Amazing talent evaluators
I do think he’s talented with upside, and I understand why the jazz went this route. Hell, in the 90’s he probably would’ve been a top ten pick. I wouldn’t have gone this route but hope I’m proven wrong. If he progresses into a defensive force, he could really power our bench in the coming years, and I do see value in that. While I was pissed how things played out, I’ve said my peace and now just ready to root for him succeeding

He obviously means this as when we drafted at #27. If he was #1 on our overall board then our front office is insane.
Didn't we also hear Donovan was #1 on their board when he was drafted? Tend to think this meant overall board. Not as certain with Dok in this situation, but there's few players in the whole draft you could absolutely say would have been higher for the Jazz. All the players in this draft had major warts.

Anyone willing to guarantee that Anthony Edwards, for example, was higher on the Jazz board than Udoka?

He obviously means this as when we drafted at #27. If he was #1 on our overall board then our front office is insane.
The Jazz wanted Udoka before they traded back to #27. Not sure if he was #1 on their board overall, but it means they were higher on Udoka than Bolmaro, Hampton, McDaniels, Nnaji, Bane, Bey and everyone else we were talking about at #23.

We must have planned on getting Favors before drafting Udoka. So he's insurance for Favors or Rudy getting an injury until he becomes a bench player behind Derrick when we trade Rudy. Otherwise why make him such a priority?
The Jazz are positioned in case they don't come to an agreement with Rudy and need to trade him, imo. Favors would start and Udoka would be the #2 center.

Didn't we also hear Donovan was #1 on their board when he was drafted? Tend to think this meant overall board. Not as certain with Dok in this situation, but there's few players in the whole draft you could absolutely say would have been higher for the Jazz. All the players in this draft had major warts.

Anyone willing to guarantee that Anthony Edwards, for example, was higher on the Jazz board than Udoka?
I promise you the jazz aren’t dumb enough to pick Udoka over Edwards. There’s no way in hell. How can you even question this, just stop you idiot!!!

FYI. @idiot I was calling you a name not using your name, just so you know.

P3 baby! Just wait til Dok puts on 20 lbs of muscle in the off-season.

I don’t hate the pick. Didn’t agree at first, but I’ve warmed up to him since the draft. My hope is he works his *** off in the gym and goes Bull Kanter over time. He’s certainly strong and skilled at what he does.

I feel way better about Gobert - Favors - Azubuike over Gobert - Davis - Bradley. There’s certainly an argument to be had about the allocation of salary and draft resources (I would almost always focus on adding dynamic wings when possible) - but the overall goal should be to get better. The Jazz should be better at the center position both short and long term (as long as Rudy gets extended.)

Watching Dok's highlight reel, he has the hands and finishing moves I've always wished Rudy would develop.

This kid is Zion light! I think he's going to earn some minutes from the start.

I was curious if Azubuike had a big game against Baylor for fun to see if there's a #DennisLindseyWatch

January 11, 2020 - he had a game with 7 blocks
February 22, 2020 - 23pts (11-13 fg)19reb 3blk

And Elijah Hughes played Baylor once (at Vivint Smart Home Arena!!) and had 25/3/3 on 7-15fg
Good find. Sad reality. John Amaechi comes to mind.

I was curious if Azubuike had a big game against Baylor for fun to see if there's a #DennisLindseyWatch

January 11, 2020 - he had a game with 7 blocks
February 22, 2020 - 23pts (11-13 fg)19reb 3blk

And Elijah Hughes played Baylor once (at Vivint Smart Home Arena!!) and had 25/3/3 on 7-15fg
That’s... aw ****.

We should test this theory moving forward. Someone should only watch Baylor games this year and find the standouts, then narrow it down to guys who would be on the board when we pick.

Based on what I've seen in highlights, Udoka has so much more upside than Bradley that it's ridiculous to even compare the two.
Weird that tons of mocks had TB going early to KAT 20’s and Udoka was slated for early to mid 2end round. Haha. I definitely like Udoka more than TB. I guess Udoka would’ve been a more highly touted prospect if he could shoot at all from more than 3-5 ft out. Lol

Weird that tons of mocks had TB going early to KAT 20’s and Udoka was slated for early to mid 2end round. Haha. I definitely like Udoka more than TB. I guess Udoka would’ve been a more highly touted prospect if he could shoot at all from more than 3-5 ft out. Lol
That is a worry but neither could Rudy, and Rudy still can't shoot much. Udoka already has a little baby hook, and he sure can dunk, probably gets a couple feet over Bradley, well that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but at least a foot.