What's new

Jazz sign Cody Zeller to camp deal

This is probably just Zeller trying to get back in the NBA. The Jazz arent signing him. He's going to be on the Stars. If he can stay healthy he will probably get some 10 days and maybe even another NBA contract. It just wont be on the Jazz.
Cody's been in the NBA since he got in the league. He's been productive every year, and he puts up solid numbers when given playing time. He's not going to be in the G-League.

Zeller can produce. I guess nobody here watches the guy. He's a solid double double guy, and still has solid athleticism. Could definitely see him making the team.

Surprised we didn't just bring back Whiteside though.

Zeller can produce. I guess nobody here watches the guy. He's a solid double double guy, and still has solid athleticism. Could definitely see him making the team.

What do you mean by solid double double guy? If we were to assume he plays all 82 games for us and got his career 20+ mpg, he’d be on pace to deliver us 6 double doubles this year.

can we cut out the reverse racism? if i can't say "(like i'd dare specify anything) than i won't put up with "nondescript white center" has to go both ways.

After always hearing how Whiteside was a locker room cancer I wouldn’t be surprised if he had anything to do with this seasons moral. I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but who knows.
Where did you hear this?

can we cut out the reverse racism? if i can't say "(like i'd dare specify anything) than i won't put up with "nondescript white center" has to go both ways.
Fair. In spite of the pending reign of discomfort around the term 'reverse racism' that I expect shortly...

My rule... If you swap the skin color for another and it feels uncomfortable then it probably is not appropriate for someone.

We could have gathered the same meaning from "Another big?"

Ainge to Smith: "Let's go grab the most BYU-lookin NBA guy out there"
I think it is happening on a sub-conscious level. They ask things like "what do you think about green jello" and if the answer is "I prefer mine with shredded carrots in it" then they go "man I really like something about this kid".

What do you mean by solid double double guy? If we were to assume he plays all 82 games for us and got his career 20+ mpg, he’d be on pace to deliver us 6 double doubles this year.
No you hit on what his double double is....10+ games and 10+ minutes per game. Double double.

Or maybe they mean...

1663771992550.png

He's been known to produce if playing 30+ minutes filling in for starting bigs. I've used him plenty of times in DFS to know this. If he gets 30 minutes he normally gets 10/10.

If I am not mistaken, this Zeller usually played pretty damn good against us.
I remember he had past tense a really elite standing vert early on and could run the floor, but his shooting proved less reliable than in college, and relagated him to a limited role for a top 5 pick.

I think they want more of a pro in the locker room, IF he even makes the actual roster (I’m not sure he does). Also, maybe signing a camp deal is something Hassan feels is beneath him. Or maybe he is just OUT on Utah.

I think they want more of a pro in the locker room, IF he even makes the actual roster (I’m not sure he does). Also, maybe signing a camp deal is something Hassan feels is beneath him. Or maybe he is just OUT on Utah.
Whiteside 100% not grinding it out in the G-League, at least not yet. He would have to be out of the league for multiple years before he got that desperate.

I think Utah just makes sense for aging vets who want to prove themselves via G-League.

What do most teams do? They play their 2nd round/2-way/some 1st in the G-League.

What's Utah going to do? They are going to play their young guys in the NBA, which leaves their G-League team open for non-NBA contract guys, including vets and no-name 20 somethings to be able to get minutes without having to be worried about the team's top young prospects randomly coming in and taking minutes from them.