What's new

Jazz sign Drew Eubanks 2yr 10mil

$5 million per year (average) and on a short deal. Don’t hate it. Especially if it adds some nasty to the roster. I miss having a guy like Jae Crowder/Steven Adams type that will go toe to toe every game if needed.

Personally still holding out hope that the Jazz finally add Yuta Watanabe on a short, non or partially guaranteed deal for the end of the bench. . . but that’s just because I like the guy.

$5 million per year (average) and on a short deal. Don’t hate it. Especially if it adds some nasty to the roster. I miss having a guy like Jae Crowder/Steven Adams type that will go toe to toe every game if needed.

Personally still holding out hope that the Jazz finally add Yuta Watanabe on a short, non or partially guaranteed deal for the end of the bench. . . but that’s just because I like the guy.
Loved him here in Toronto

Loved him here in Toronto
If the Jazz are tanking, and Ryan Smith wants to make a minimal investment that will pay significant dividends. . . Utah should definitely sign Yuta. It’s like a marketing match made in heaven.

Right up there with PG13, AK47, AR15 and now Kenect4.

Yuta already announced he is playing in Japan IIRC. I'm sure you could change his mind financially, but I dont think he makes sense for the Jazz. Still surprised it went so poorly in Phoenix.

Grit, which is often mocked, doesn’t translate to numbers very well. Al data guys don’t value it. Anybody who plays ball knows you need at least one crazy ******* out there.
Yeah, I've known about Eubanks because whenever I watch him he is doing some borderline dirty **** and players hate him. My first reaction to signing him was definitely "Oh we are trying to add some nasty" and I know Locke has mentioned toughness/passing as what the Jazz would address in UFA. I'm guessing the next player we sign is someone who is known as a team player at the guard or wing position (possibly bringing Dunn back).

If we're going to lose anyway we might as well punish the opposing team. Toughness is built on losing. Or something like that.

To add to this, Yuta actually declined a 2.35 million dollar player option w/ the Grizzlies to return to Japan.

Back