What's new

Jazz Sign Ekpe Udoh

look at the game logs. There was 1 game he didnt get all the backup c minutes.

I just reviewed them and you are right there is only one that Favors doesnt get the backup minutes besides garbage time. There was more garbage time than I remember.

But the point still stands on he was not healthy. Again maybe he was slightly more healthy than at some other point in that season but he was still hurt and moving very slow and hobbled.

Of course that changes how and when Snyder plays him.

Assuming that Snyder will treat Favors minutes and role the same when he is hurt as he will when he is healthy is silly.

I don't think he was healthy it was just one of those this shouldn't cause it to be long term and if we lose we are done situations

If Favors is not able to run, jump or move laterally remotely well he can not play PF. That was the case most of last season. He played very hobbled.

When Favors is healthy he is very quick and explosive. He can play the PF very well next to Gobert, especially defensively. Defensively they compliment each other very well, almost perfect.

So 10 would be about 90% of 13 right?

Yes I admitted I was wrong on the backup numbers. But no 10 out of 13 is not 90%. It is 77%. I guess if 13% is close enough sure. But in 3 of the 4 games those extra minutes at Center go to players like Lyles because its garbage time. So Favors did get almost all the backup C minutes.

Well it's only 1.7 minutes under 90% so if we put it that way it sounds close. It's all about how you spin it these days

I just reviewed them and you are right there is only one that Favors doesnt get the backup minutes besides garbage time. There was more garbage time than I remember.

But the point still stands on he was not healthy. Again maybe he was slightly more healthy than at some other point in that season but he was still hurt and moving very slow and hobbled.

Of course that changes how and when Snyder plays him.

Assuming that Snyder will treat Favors minutes and role the same when he is hurt as he will when he is healthy is silly.

Is it? The total percentage of Favors minutes played w/ Gobert was the same as it was last year.

Yeah but the reports were Favors was at his healthiest in the Warriors series and Quin didnt even give them a chance to play together.
I think the warriors are different than most teams.

Is it? The total percentage of Favors minutes played w/ Gobert was the same as it was last year.
I'll have to look at the minutes again. Last time I looked they played the most together of any bigs last season. This year it was significantly down and Gobert and Diaw played the most together.

I'll have to look at the minutes again. Last time I looked they played the most together of any bigs last season. This year it was significantly down and Gobert and Diaw played the most together.

In '15-'16 Gobert/Favors played 881 minutes together. Favors played a total of 1982 minutes. Gobert played a total of 1931 minutes.

This past season Favors played 539 minutes w/ Gobert. He played a total of 1184 minutes. Gobert played 2743.

So Favors played 44% of his total minutes w/ Gobert two years ago and 45% of his total minutes this past year w/ Gobert.

Those numbers numbers might be slightly misleading in 2015-2016 as you probably need to go through and subtract the total minutes from when Gobert and Favors missed games so their total minutes only account for the games where they both played, but I'm too lazy to do that.