What's new

Jazz Sign Jerel McNeal

Still annoyed we didn't get to see Leslie play. Maybe he didn't pick up the system or something. I want to see another Carroll-like player who plays defense, hustles and does cool things like harass superstars. McNeal is a good defender and can hit the three, so I want to see him get garbage minutes at the very least.

Tyrone Corbin has a system?
I don't think it's hard to pick up on shooting an ill advised mid range shot/3 pointer or dish the ball to the low post "proficiency" of Al Jefferson.

I'm not giving up on Mo quite yet. I still think he can be an effective guard for Utah. But for that to happen, the Jazz HAVE to get rid of Jefferson and Corbin. I'd like to see Mo and Burks paired together. Burks can penetrate, and Mo would be the kick-out option. Or the same philosophy with Hayward running the offense.

Movement is the key. And the Jazz will NEVER get that with the Corbin/Jefferson offense.

Mo doesn't know how to win and run a team. Stockton and D-will did, but know doesn't know how. All he knows is that he can play hero ball at the end of a game and about 20 percent of the time, make one of his hero ball shots. it is maddening. everyone wants to blame Corbin, But i blame Mo more than anyone on this team. He lost us like 3 games in march with his stupid play. I have never been more fed up with another player. Mo williams is terrible as a leader of a team. He needs an alpha male type player to keep him in check for the dumb-long2-hand-in-your-face-20-seconds-left-on-the-shot-clock-no-one-there-to-rebound shots that he takes
. We just need to lose Mo and Quick. We were actually playing pretty well before he came back. He is not good at all. He is super ineffcient. infact, he is one of the most inefficent players in the league. he is one of those guys that gives you numbers but does so in an inefficient way (I.E Allen Iverson[ i am mostly referring to the end of his career] and Al Jefferson becasue of his defense).
Honestly, as the NBA goes more and more into an age of advanced metrics, Players like Mo will only be able to find a spot on teams as a guy who can come off the bench and score whiel your best players get a breather.

I noticed on the DLeague website that journeyman hacks Chris Quinn and Coby Karl are averaging more assists per game.

Quinn isn't a good defender and Karl is a meh defender. McNeal is a good defender. Plus his name is Jerel, and that somehow makes him cooler.

Jerel McNeal was a very good college player. Check out his college stats. He did a little bit of everything in college and displayed some backcourt versatility. Jazz are looking for more defense in the backcourt and this kid is a better than average defender with quick hands.

Interesting that they are trying out a point guard. Perhaps they don't want to waste a pick on a point guard if they really want to resign Mo next year. No point wasting a first round pick on a player who will rarely see the floor.

I mean, really, how much worse can this guy be than Earl and Tinsley? Sure Earl and Tinsley have things they do decently, but they are pretty much done.