What's new

Jazz Sign Kris Dunn for ROS + 1-Year

For all the talk about "timelines" lately, people sure seem to love a 30 year old, non-shooting guard who is literally useless without the ball in his hands.

Dunn won't be part of the future. Why is he here? Are you telling me we couldn't roll the dice on some dude who's 23 and just needs more of an opportunity?

For all the talk about "timelines" lately, people sure seem to love a 30 year old, non-shooting guard who is literally useless without the ball in his hands.

Dunn won't be part of the future. Why is he here? Are you telling me we couldn't roll the dice on some dude who's 23 and just needs more of an opportunity?
He’s 30 on the metric system.

I'm with you. Would’ve liked to see him signed until the end of next season with the team option for the 24-25 season.
Nah. This is good. It feels like DA is still planning to be aggressive this off-season. He might need to clear some roster spots without guaranteed money attached to them. This allows them the opportunity to look at their options in FA and the draft before figuring out exactly what they need to do.

THT (Player Option)
Sexton
Dunn (Team Option)
Clarkson (Player Option - likely extended)
Agbaji
Markkanen
Fontecchio
Olynyk (Partially Guaranteed)
Gay (Player Option)
JTA (UFA)
Kessler
Jones (Player Option)
Azibuike (UFA)

Roby or Stanley Johnson if he is back out there are my picks.
I was just looking over a list of guys that are available. The ones that stood out were Stanley Johnson, Isaiah Roby, Moses Brown and Luka Semanic. Wouldn’t mind taking a 10 day look at any of them tbh. It’s the last two roster spots in a lean year. Maybe somebody just clicks and it’s worth keeping him around for next year.

I was just looking over a list of guys that are available. The ones that stood out were Stanley Johnson, Isaiah Roby, Moses Brown and Luka Semanic. Wouldn’t mind taking a 10 day look at any of them tbh. It’s the last two roster spots in a lean year. Maybe somebody just clicks and it’s worth keeping him around for next year.
Moses Brown has already played for six NBA teams but you look at his size and wing span and can't help but think that Hardy is the coach to get him to shine.

Good deal for all.

Dunn gets the rest of the season to prove his value to the NBA and Utah gets the flexibility of seeing whether or not they need him next season during training camp (guessing the team option date is either during camp or after camp).

Obviously if Utah is able to acquire a PG in free agency or the draft, the need for Dunn becomes substantially less.

Nah. This is good. It feels like DA is still planning to be aggressive this off-season. He might need to clear some roster spots without guaranteed money attached to them. This allows them the opportunity to look at their options in FA and the draft before figuring out exactly what they need to do.

THT (Player Option)
Sexton
Dunn (Team Option)
Clarkson (Player Option - likely extended)
Agbaji
Markkanen
Fontecchio
Olynyk (Partially Guaranteed)
Gay (Player Option)
JTA (UFA)
Kessler
Jones (Player Option)
Azibuike (UFA)
Idk, we'll see. The team option deadline is already at the end of June. Also, I’m thinking Clarkson might want to move on.