What's new

Jazz Sign Rayjon Tucker

Green’s been on nine nba teams and sucks at basketball. His offensive inefficiency is glaring, lack of effort on defense was appalling, and has a court iq of a ****ing tree branch. Good ****ing riddance. Not sure why your mouth is firmly placed around his junk.

I swear some people don't even read posts. I've been pretty clear that Green hasn't played well in my posts. I've said often throughout the season that the Green/Niang combination is an unmitigated disaster. I've said that those two next to Davis is even worse. I've been screaming to play the youth. To play Bradley over Davis. To play Brantley.

So I quite clearly don't have an affinity for Green like you're trying to spin.

It's simple. I like moves that makes us better. And I hate moves that make us worse.

Waiving Green just so we can play Niang more makes us worse. In the regular season and the playoffs.

I swear some people don't even read posts. I've been pretty clear that Green hasn't played well in my posts. I've said often throughout the season that the Green/Niang combination is an unmitigated disaster. I've said that those two next to Davis is even worse. I've been screaming to play the youth. To play Bradley over Davis. To play Brantley.

It's simple. I like moves that makes us better. And I hate moves that make us worse.

Waiving Green just so we can play Niang more makes us worse. In the regular season and the playoffs.
I think a better way to put it is to say you have a job as a custodian for the university and you make $35k/year. Your wife complains that you don’t make enough to support your 4 kids. So eventually you quit your job and get into multilevel marketing selling DoTerra. Your wife complains and you say, “but what I had wasn’t working and you kept complaining about it! I’m shaking things up!”

Reactions: SCS

I’m pretty sure this isn’t about clearing the way for Niang. Don’t let the messaging of this transition be too defining. Let’s see how this plays out.

The clearest signal is that multiple parties (including, perhaps, Jeff Green) we’re unhappy with the performance of the bench and their prospects in the future. Something different is happening.

we underrated Crowder a ton. Green was better in transition but that was about it. The loss of Crowder and Favors has really put the team in a bind. A lost season unless Brantley develops quickly

I’m pretty sure this isn’t about clearing the way for Niang. Don’t let the messaging of this transition be too defining. Let’s see how this plays out.

The clearest signal is that multiple parties (including, perhaps, Jeff Green) we’re unhappy with the performance of the bench and their prospects in the future. Something different is happening.

I hope you're right. I really REALLY do. If one of these young players actually plays and kills it our bench could be in good shape. I'm just struggling to buy in that it will ever happen. I'd bet cold hard cash that the bench unit until Conley comes back will consist of nobody but Mudiay/Clarkson/Niang/Davis.

I mean...

Then you have the facts that Quin has refused to play any youth or go deeper into the bench than his go-to 9 man rotation.

It's hard to have hope that something else is happening other than the expected... as much as I want the optimism

I think a better way to put it is to say you have a job as a custodian for the university and you make $35k/year. Your wife complains that you don’t make enough to support your 4 kids. So eventually you quit your job and get into multilevel marketing selling DoTerra. Your wife complains and you say, “but what I had wasn’t working and you kept complaining about it! I’m shaking things up!”

Wtf?

Don't know if it was mentioned, Jazz worked out Rayjon Tucker on June 8th. They held two workouts that day and he was in the first session.

June 8 Session 1
Frankie Ferrari, San Francisco, 6'1"
Vic Law, Northwestern, 6'7"
Makai Mason, Baylor, 6'1"
Derel Porier, France (& G-League), 6'10"
Rayjon Tucker, UALR, 6'5"
Kenny Wootern, Oregon, 6'9"

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/2019-draft-combine.109852/

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/desere...r-utah-jazz-front-office.111388/#post-1770280

There might be more content about him out there.

Some random thoughts on Tucker after watching a couple of his G-League games
  • A lethal driver when given space
  • Highlight-reel athleticism
  • Strong ability to absorb contact and still get off a good shot
  • Can hit a three-pointer, but I'd be surprised if it becomes a strength of his at the NBA level anytime soon
  • Though athletic and strong, doesn't really play above what might be expected for his height (6-3) except on drives
  • Quite nonchalant on defense often. Can move feet at times, but often not in a defensive stance, just sort of walking around following his man a little more regularly than I'd like to see. Hands are almost always down at his side
  • Nearly as nonchalant with defensive rebounds. Though a guard, I expected to see him put a body on people more often
  • Decent hands and anticipation on defense
  • Quite good at selling fouls on both offense and defense
  • Very right hand dominant, both around the rim and on the dribble. Likely to be a problem once the NBA gets the scouting report
  • Not a particularly great dribbler
  • A little wiggle, and a good spin move, but succeeds mostly when able to get a head of steam
  • Decent vision and passing, though nothing to get excited about

Not true. Cleveland is going to want to salary dump Exum before the deadline and they’ll trade him to NOP for Favors and since Koby Altman has a “buy-3-get-1-free” policy, he’ll release Favors so he can re-sign with us.
What if Koby knows Gilbert will fire him in a couple years regardless of performance and we just offer him a job here when he gets canned... can do us a few solids prior to coming on board.

Some random thoughts on Tucker after watching a couple of his G-League games
  • A lethal driver when given space
  • Highlight-reel athleticism
  • Strong ability to absorb contact and still get off a good shot
  • Can hit a three-pointer, but I'd be surprised if it becomes a strength of his at the NBA level anytime soon
  • Though athletic and strong, doesn't really play above what might be expected for his height (6-3) except on drives
  • Quite nonchalant on defense often. Can move feet at times, but often not in a defensive stance, just sort of walking around following his man a little more regularly than I'd like to see. Hands are almost always down at his side
  • Nearly as nonchalant with defensive rebounds. Though a guard, I expected to see him put a body on people more often
  • Decent hands and anticipation on defense
  • Quite good at selling fouls on both offense and defense
  • Very right hand dominant, both around the rim and on the dribble. Likely to be a problem once the NBA gets the scouting report
  • Not a particularly great dribbler
  • A little wiggle, and a good spin move, but succeeds mostly when able to get a head of steam
  • Decent vision and passing, though nothing to get excited about
Why wouldn’t the three be a weapon he shoots it well on decent volume. Has good looking form. He also comes forward a decent amount and will draw the Jae Crowder foul on the three pointer.

Why wouldn’t the three be a weapon he shoots it well on decent volume. Has good looking form. He also comes forward a decent amount and will draw the Jae Crowder foul on the three pointer.

Agree about the drawing the fouls on 3. As for it becoming a weapon, I just don't think he has the quickness and suddenness in his game from deep to turn into a threat at the NBA level. Niang was probably a much bigger threat from 3 in the G-League, but at the NBA level it's just sort of a borderline weapon for him because he's not quick enough with it. Though Tucker has great athleticism, his first-step, first-decision quickness is not one of his elite attributes, from what I can tell.