What's new

Jazz sign Thabo Sefolosha

Good move, good rotational piece at good price. He can still be a defensive force. 2.3 DRPM(7th best defensive SF in the league).... Nobody's gonna score on us! Like... EVER!

Also... 2.2 steals per 36!!! This might signify a significant departure from the style of play on D. I think Quin needs to change the schemes a bit. We need to utilize all the steal-masters we've gotten this off-season - Mitchell, Rubio, Sefolosha... they are all elite at it and this all can play into speeding up the offense a bit with Rubio's passing and play in transition.

I like it overall... Still not sure how we are going to score in half-court.

It's going to be pretty simple. Pressure ball, jump lanes, and funnel into Gobert

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Hood/Mitchell/Burks
Ingles/Sefalosha
Favors/Johnson/maybe Griffin
Gobert/Bradley/Bolomboy

- It would be nice if we could swap Burks out for some sort of big. I think a rotation of Rubio/Exum/Hood/Mitchell for the backcourt is rather secure, especially since Ingles Sef and Johnson can all technically play the 2.
- Johnson playing pinch minutes at the 4 is dope but we really, really need to rely on him less during the regular season. He himself mentioned feeling weathered by the time he hit the 2nd round, which is totally fair.
- We might need to go after a Ed Davis type at the 4/5 position, I'm not sure Bradley is ready to back up Rudy.
- We really need Bolomboy to pick it up for the rest of summer-league. Pretty brutal seeing him suffer like this.

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Hood/Mitchell/Burks
Ingles/Sefalosha
Favors/Johnson/maybe Griffin
Gobert/Bradley/Bolomboy

- It would be nice if we could swap Burks out for some sort of big. I think a rotation of Rubio/Exum/Hood/Mitchell for the backcourt is rather secure, especially since Ingles Sef and Johnson can all technically play the 2.
- Johnson playing pinch minutes at the 4 is dope but we really, really need to rely on him less during the regular season. He himself mentioned feeling weathered by the time he hit the 2nd round, which is totally fair.
- We might need to go after a Ed Davis type at the 4/5 position, I'm not sure Bradley is ready to back up Rudy.
- We really need Bolomboy to pick it up for the rest of summer-league. Pretty brutal seeing him suffer like this.

Bolomboy is bad. We need a backup big who can play in the NBA.

I think Boris will be gone by this weekend.

I think so as well. And perhaps more to the point, David Locke in his podcast yesterday seemed really convinced, and had a lengthy discussion of what players could come back in a trade. I think he usually gets info like that from the team, so that's a solid indicator that the Jazz are indeed expecting to trade him.

Solid signing. He's been an underrated defender for years. He'll fit right in to our defensive identity. I do hope the second year is a team option or non guaranteed though. He's 33 and a drop off in production is possible.

I think so as well. And perhaps more to the point, David Locke in his podcast yesterday seemed really convinced, and had a lengthy discussion of what players could come back in a trade. I think he usually gets info like that from the team, so that's a solid indicator that the Jazz are indeed expecting to trade him.

What players did he mention?

Ed Davis for Diaw would make sense if the Blazers can find somebody to take Meyers Leonard. I believe that would get them out of the tax or close to it.

Like that we're continuing to build our identity around defense, don't like it however, if it signifies that we intend to patchwork the roster for now & likely tread water for a season or 2. Seems like a solid value/fit with little risk tho so it makes sense.

I think most of us expected a signing like this. Fits in with the identity of the team on a cheap contract without eating minutes from the young guys.