What's new

Jazz: Thank you Gordon

May be an unpopular opinion, but I do not think missing out on paying the Hayward salary is crushing. The loss of such a good player stings but this will allow us to grab some more young talent in the coming years along with the promising players we already have as we wait out the Warriors. When their time is up we will be ready to step in and overtake them as the primary power out west.

May be an unpopular opinion, but I do not think missing out on paying the Hayward salary is crushing. The loss of such a good player stings but this will allow us to grab some more young talent in the coming years along with the promising players we already have as we wait out the Warriors. When their time is up we will be ready to step in and overtake them as the primary power out west.

It doesnt though. It saves the Millers from coming close to paying the tax, but that is about the only positive thing it does (besides open up development minutes to players currently on the roster). It's not like losing out on Hayward freed up a ton of cap-space, Jazz are still right up against it unless they spend to get rid of Burks.

Personally I think the right move is to swallow your pride, cheer the guy during introductions as a thank you and then boo him as loud as you can every time he touches the ball

Lmao why are people acting like we need to cheer for him, as if he were some all-time Jazz great? During his tenure, we missed the playoffs 4 years in row, and he wasn't anything great until this last year.

Lmao why are people acting like we need to cheer for him, as if he were some all-time Jazz great? During his tenure, we missed the playoffs 4 years in row, and he wasn't anything great until this last year.

Last season was the most exciting season we've had in a long time and he was a big part of it. For me personally I enjoyed Rudy much more but I won't ignore what Hayward was to it.

I don't think we are winning a championship paying him 30 mil a year and for that I'm not overly disappointed he left but at the same time I can appreciate the buzz and excitement he helped bring back to the franchise

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

People have a right to be mad. I am not mad he left. He was a free agent and earned the right to leave if he wanted to move. I am upset the way it went down, but I am over it. I don't respect how he did it and I don't believe he was really that torn. He wrote the three letters to cover himself. I believe it was his plan to reunite with his college coach. I also believe that anyone who thinks Stevens and Haywood haven't talked about reuniting are being naive.

The irony of some fans being over-the-top mad is many of them are talking about dumping current players or sit around thrashing them. So where is the loyalty with the fans? The organization will always do what is best for the organization. They would trade any player if it help the Jazz win and that is want fans want their teams to do.

So yes, people still have the right to be mad but people need to realize this is part of the game. Players come and go and organization make decisions that affect players lives so when a player is a free agent they get to make a decision that is best from them even if fans don't like.

I am not going to boo Hayward..not because I liked how he left.. I am not booing because I don't care about him any more. He is not on the Jazz and I will cheer the guys on the team. Booing only shows you care. I don't care.

People have a right to be mad. I am not mad he left. He was a free agent and earned the right to leave if he wanted to move. I am upset the way it went down, but I am over it. I don't respect how he did it and I don't believe he was really that torn. He wrote the three letters to cover himself. I believe it was his plan to reunite with his college coach. I also believe that anyone who thinks Stevens and Haywood haven't talked about reuniting are being naive.

The irony of some fans being over-the-top mad is many of them are talking about dumping current players or sit around thrashing them. So where is the loyalty with the fans? The organization will always do what is best for the organization. They would trade any player if it help the Jazz win and that is want fans want their teams to do.

So yes, people still have the right to be mad but people need to realize this is part of the game. Players come and go and organization make decisions that affect players lives so when a player is a free agent they get to make a decision that is best from them even if fans don't like.

I am not going to boo Hayward..not because I liked how he left.. I am not booing because I don't care about him any more. He is not on the Jazz and I will cheer the guys on the team. Booing only shows you care. I don't care.

I see him choosing to leave similar to someone saying something negative before they come to town for a game. When they get the ball they get booed, part of the fun of being a fan. It's not out of hate.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I was depressed and mad day one. However, this is why free agency is there, and as has been said, the Jazz will recover.

As for thanking Gordon: He helped get us to the second round of the playoffs. He helped the Jazz get into the national spotlight for the first time in years. If it is true that he has wanted to bolt for years, he did a good job of not showing it for the whole time, instead of moaning and complaining and demanding a trade, which would have caused the jazz to have some bad contracts to deal with (no, Ingles's isn't that bad of a contract if you consider his leadership and his three point %). He gave us someone to cheer for for seven years, and he was fun to watch develop. In an abstract way, he was the poster child for the Jazz's abililty to take a raw talent and develop them, thereby encouraging players to come here to take advantage of this. I just wish he would have been an example of staying, but we will have to rely on GoBear to do that one for us. All in all, he was actually a great guy to have on the team right up to the end where he totally wet himself.

So thanks Gordon. Sadly, I will still boo you, because that's what we do to players who leave. Nothing personal (well, kinda personal) ;)

... this will allow us to grab some more young talent in the coming years along with the promising players we already have as we wait out the Warriors. When their time is up we will be ready to step in and overtake them as the primary power out west.

This does make a certain amount of sense.

Holy ****, a YB post followed by a Pearl post?

That Jordon Haywood really brings 'em out of the woodwork.