What's new

Jazz @ Thunder 12/5/2017 6:00 pm MST

But seriously, when Donovan came back in in the fourth Rubio was at the point. THE BALL NEEDS TO BE IN DONOVAN'S HANDS NOT RUBIO'S!
To me it looks like there is a disconnect between Rubio and Rudy. I saw Rudy call for the ball several times when he was briefly open in the first quarter and Rubio looked him off. Then when Rudy took the ball out after a shot made by OKC, he looked at Rubio and passed the ball to DM. In fact, the only player who really has good chemistry with Rubio is Jingles. Rubio also clicks better with Favors because he can handle bounce passes better. Rudy has been awful this year because there have been too many bounce passes to him. They need to put the ball above the rim for Rudy and Rubio doesn't seem to have a knack for that for some reason. In any case, Rudy was awful in the OKC game. That pass from DM near the end of the game was one Rudy should've caught and dunked. He was wide open when DM passed it, but he wasn't ready. Rudy has been become a bit complacent I think.

To me it looks like there is a disconnect between Rubio and Rudy. I saw Rudy call for the ball several times when he was briefly open in the first quarter and Rubio looked him off. Then when Rudy took the ball out after a shot made by OKC, he looked at Rubio and passed the ball to DM. In fact, the only player who really has good chemistry with Rubio is Jingles. Rubio also clicks better with Favors because he can handle bounce passes better. Rudy has been awful this year because there have been too many bounce passes to him. They need to put the ball above the rim for Rudy and Rubio doesn't seem to have a knack for that for some reason. In any case, Rudy was awful in the OKC game. That pass from DM was one Rudy should've caught and dunk. He was wide open when DM passed it, but he wasn't ready. Rudy has been become a bit complacent I think.

Rubio is mud without a floater or lob pass. His offense is off balance mid range jumpers or this could go anywhere 3 balls...

I think Rudy was expecting to be a bigger part of the offense this year but with chemistry issues with Rubio and teams taking his roll away by clogging the lanes, hes had trouble finding any continuity.

I don't think there will be room for Rubio when Dante comes back, and Dante is really good at throwing that lob to Rudy, as well. To be honest, I don't like Rubio's game and wish the Jazz would trade him.

I pin this loss on 2 things. Mitchell's turnovers late, and Favors sitting. Mitchell is fantastic but he still he will still make rookie mistakes and last night I kind of feel he forced it a little too much at the end of the game.

That's not me saying I don't want the ball in his hands there, he's our go to guy, but I think he forced a few things and had some slight mental lapses. Such as that lazy pass to Gobert down low. Great read, late execution. He did say something about "mental fatigue" and that's understandable on a back to back on the road.

I pin this loss on 2 things. Mitchell's turnovers late, and Favors sitting. Mitchell is fantastic but he still he will still make rookie mistakes and last night I kind of feel he forced it a little too much at the end of the game.

That's not me saying I don't want the ball in his hands there, he's our go to guy, but I think he forced a few things and had some slight mental lapses. Such as that lazy pass to Gobert down low. Great read, late execution. He did say something about "mental fatigue" and that's understandable on a back to back on the road.
It did look like he was going to shoot but then saw Rudy and it was a bit late, but Rudy was wide open and should've been ready for the pass. So, I put the blame more on Rudy.

It did look like he was going to shoot but then saw Rudy and it was a bit late, but Rudy was wide open and should've been ready for the pass. So, I put the blame more on Rudy.
No, a pass-shot is always on the person doing the pass. Just shoot the damn ball or pass, don't do a half-shot into a pass.

The biggest was the offensive rebounds by Adams. Gobert needs to use his body more and box out. And stop relying on your length to get rebounds. Oh well. On to the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

dante(burks this season) mitchell hood ingles gobert. that line up looks fun

To me it looks like there is a disconnect between Rubio and Rudy. I saw Rudy call for the ball several times when he was briefly open in the first quarter and Rubio looked him off. Then when Rudy took the ball out after a shot made by OKC, he looked at Rubio and passed the ball to DM. In fact, the only player who really has good chemistry with Rubio is Jingles. Rubio also clicks better with Favors because he can handle bounce passes better. Rudy has been awful this year because there have been too many bounce passes to him. They need to put the ball above the rim for Rudy and Rubio doesn't seem to have a knack for that for some reason. In any case, Rudy was awful in the OKC game. That pass from DM near the end of the game was one Rudy should've caught and dunked. He was wide open when DM passed it, but he wasn't ready. Rudy has been become a bit complacent I think.

got to agree here.

rubio and gobert 0 chemistry. I saw rubio throw it into traffic with no real chance for rudy to ever get it. Rubio is ****ing awful.

i d k if thats because he doesn't fit or he just can't play....

The biggest was the offensive rebounds by Adams. Gobert needs to use his body more and box out. And stop relying on your length to get rebounds. Oh well. On to the next one.

Jazz were already down then. The big thing is Mitchell turning it over leading to Westbrook dunk that gave them the lead, then turn it over when he had a wide open 3 that would have put us up by 2.

I cannot think of a single reason for Rubio to start (next to Gobert and Favors).

Please bench his ***. He can develop his chemistry with one of Favors or Gobert at a time. Him coming off the bench would likely slot him with Favors at the 5 more often than with Gobert.

Bench Rubio.

Realistically, Rudy should be on a minutes restriction and was playing more than moderate minutes in a back to back. Obviously, the team knows more, but Rudy was definitely less than 100%.

Would have been nice if Neto was active for this game as well. He's been playing great lately.

While it was a disappointing loss, I still think it shows that the Jazz are a very good team. I know DM made a few key turnovers but without him the Jazz aren't even in the game. The things that went wrong last night was our bench didn't play well, Gobert was horrible and the Jazz didn't execute down the stretch. Adams was a big difference maker for OKC. I give Gobert a pass because he is just coming back from injury but I think it is more about the lack of chemistry he has with Rubio. Also, the Jazz style has changed because the emergence of DM. The Jazz offense is more about 3 pt shooting and guard play. I wasn't a big fan of the Rubio signing because his shot is bad and now he seems more interested in shooting than passing especially to Rudy. Rubio does play hard and plays defense but if you can't be a reliable shooter then you become a liability. I would rather just see the Jazz play DM at point with Neto as the backup. Jingles, Hood, and Burks all can help with some of the duties of the PG position.

Jazz were already down then. The big thing is Mitchell turning it over leading to Westbrook dunk that gave them the lead, then turn it over when he had a wide open 3 that would have put us up by 2.

I don't know where you played basketball, but I think that's a good pass -- an open 7-footer who should've realized he was wide open and been ready to catch it. Yeah, it probably was a little late but Rudy should've been all over that pass and dunked it. I can't fault Mitchell for that.

And like Yamers said, I saw that pass by Rubio to Rudy with three guys surrounding him. Rubio makes some of the most ill-advised passes, which is why he commits so many turnovers. With all the experience he has, you wouldn't expect that. I already have a pet nickname for Ricky, and it's not very nice. Quin is already giving subtle hints about what he thinks of Rubio by sitting him on the bench during crunch time.

I don't know where you played basketball, but I think that's a good pass -- an open 7-footer who should've realized he was wide open and been ready to catch it. Yeah, it probably was a little late but Rudy should've been all over that pass and dunked it. I can't fault Mitchell for that.

And like Yamers said, I saw that pass by Rubio to Rudy with three guys surrounding him. Rubio makes some of the most ill-advised passes, which is why he commits so many turnovers. With all the experience he has, you wouldn't expect that. I already have a pet nickname for Ricky, and it's not very nice. Quin is already giving subtle hints about what he thinks of Rubio by sitting him on the bench during crunch time.
Dawg you like 80 years old. No one ever told you it was a good idea to attempt a jumper and pass halfway into it. It's a good play if it works, but if it doesnt, it's on the passer to know whether or not the big (or whoever is receiving it) is on the same page.

Rubio is obviously aware of him not being able to get Rudy the ball so sometimes he makes a point to get him the ball, even if it's a terrible pass he has to force.

We went stagnant in the fourth and by the time Donovan went back in he was at the 2 with Rubio at the 1, goodbye lead, then it was Donovan at the 1 trying to keep/put us back in the lead. Too little to late after a few mistakes by Donovan. Putting Donovan at the 2 wrecked his mojo.

Dawg you like 80 years old. No one ever told you it was a good idea to attempt a jumper and pass halfway into it. It's a good play if it works, but if it doesnt, it's on the passer to know whether or not the big (or whoever is receiving it) is on the same page.
You can't totally blame Mitchell. Rudy was wide open and he should've been looking for the pass. You should fault Mitchell if he DOESN'T pass it to the wide open Rudy under the basket.