What's new

Jazz to release Shaq Harrison

Chances are, someone who can help the team will get waived prior to the deadline.

I'm wondering what the front office deems the greatest need at the moment.

I think this is a signal that the Jazz are going to re-sign Conley more than anything else. Shaq was Oni insurance and Oni passed the test.

I would be ok with Cousins if they go that route. Adds another dimension to the team. Cousins and Gobert on the floor together would be something to behold, even if Cousins is only 50% of his peak, which I believe he will be in limited minutes, or better.

A shame, but it makes sense. If I remember correctly, Shaq, Oni, and Morgan might have had a contract guarantee deadline coming up. So the main motivation is probably the tax.

My guess is that this was the day that his contract became fully guaranteed which also coincides with when teams can sign 10 day contracts. Hopefully the front office realizes that we need another big wing as well as a 3rd string center with Udoka likely done for the season.

I think this is a signal that the Jazz are going to re-sign Conley more than anything else. Shaq was Oni insurance and Oni passed the test.
Not sure one leads to the other... this is clearly us trying to duck the tax. Not sure how far we are away but I don't think this alone does it. I guess if it leads to us avoiding the repeater tax in two years then there is correlation.

I am obviously a little bummed it didn't work out and that he didn't get a chance. I have no doubt someone picks him up. He was only going to get a shot if we had an injury or two and we have been really healthy.

If we did this and we don't get under the tax then this is stupid AF. The numbers get pretty tricky... had we saved a $1M on the Favs deal I think we'd be there.

I assume 10 day contracts count against the cap for luxury tax purposes. Could the Jazz comply with the CBA and 14 player max by signing a guy to a 10 day let it expire , waith 14 days, and then someone else to a 10 day let it expire, wait 14 days and then rinse and repeat and do that throughout the season?

I was doing homey math and they could bring a two way player up (either Brantley or Forrest) and sign a GLeaguer to the two way spot. I think Forrest could be paid the bare minimum.