What's new

Jazz trade Devin Harris to Atlanta for Marvin Williams (merged)

I really doubt there will be any more trades. The main need at the SF has been addressed and they got a better fit at the PG. I bet Jefferson's contract is played out, and that Millsap gets extended.

I really doubt there will be any more trades. The main need at the SF has been addressed and they got a better fit at the PG. I bet Jefferson's contract is played out, and that Millsap gets extended.

I agree. Jazz have 4 solid big men. Jazz would have to get back another big man if trading Millsap or Jefferson. Jefferson is a 20/10 big man and low post scorer. Jazz give up best big man scoring threat if they trade Jefferson. Not too many around anymore. Jazz would have to get a great player back for Jefferson. Corbin needs to figure out how to use Jefferson better. If Jefferson can make any kind of improvement defensively off season he's well worth keeping. Jazz also added much needed 3 point shooting with the Williams and sounds like K Murphy will make team.

And you know this how??:D

Agree, but what happens if they extend Al and let Millsap go?

I find that unlikely. Jefferson makes MUCH more money than Millsap and is of less value to the team. Additionally, Kanter may or may not become a legit fulltime starter in the next year or two. If he does, then Millsap is a 6th man of the year contender who makes a stomachable 10m/y. Otherwise, Kanter can come off the bench for less money. Jefferson being extended means giving up on Kanter ever starting. It ain't happening.

I agree. Jazz have 4 solid big men. Jazz would have to get back another big man if trading Millsap or Jefferson. Jefferson is a 20/10 big man and low post scorer. Jazz give up best big man scoring threat if they trade Jefferson. Not too many around anymore. Jazz would have to get a great player back for Jefferson. Corbin needs to figure out how to use Jefferson better. If Jefferson can make any kind of improvement defensively off season he's well worth keeping. Jazz also added much needed 3 point shooting with the Williams and sounds like K Murphy will make team.

Excellent comment!
It's up to Corbin to figure out how Jefferson can be more effective as a team player, and with some legit shooters on this team now..... I think he'll be more willing to pass out of the double and triple teams.
The Jazz have two of the best iso big men in the game, and there's no reason to trade them when Kanter is not ready and Favors is only on the cusp.
No more trades are happening with Murphy probably making the team.