What's new

Jazz trade Olynyk and Ochai to Toronto for Kira Lewis, Otto Porter, and a 2024 1st round pick

According to BPM we traded our 2nd, 7th, and 9th.

IMO we traded our 4th/5th/10th
I was just about to ask you: "3rd? Really?".

Glad you revised.

We obviously agree on Ochai and disagree on Simone. But thats fine, we still got better guys to bring up than what we had last year, when we went dumpster diving to find Dunn and Luka.

The concept of converting players not part of your longterm plans into draft capital seems to be lost on many.
You also need to give everyone some slack. We've been told the Jazz really want to be competitive and that they really want the pick to convey. I don't think they care a ton if the pick conveys but the logic of pushing in with the purpose of the pick conveying has always been nonsense... and it seems to be growing with the dumbest Jazz online personalities pushing it.

I was just about to ask you: "3rd? Really?".

Glad you revised.

We obviously agree on Ochai and disagree on Simone. But thats fine, we still got better guys to bring up than what we had last year, when we went dumpster diving to find Dunn and Luka.
I would put Simone at 3rd or 4th. It's tough between him and Walker because Walker has more dominant minutes, but SImone was more consistent in a consistently more valuable role.

Personally I'm more upset with this trade than the Fontecchio trade, I had always liked Olynyk's game so I was happy to have him on the Jazz. If I were DA I would have been trying to resign him in the offseason not trade him.

Personally I'm more upset with this trade than the Fontecchio trade, I had always liked Olynyk's game so I was happy to have him on the Jazz. If I were DA I would have been trying to resign him in the offseason not trade him.
I loved KO, but his age was too old to keep long-term. He was a bit of the crutch for the team and not something you want to get too use to I guess.

Honestly feel the same way about Dunn. Just dont think Dunn/KO being such integral parts of the team are what DA views long-term and will have them both dealt to put more load on the rookies and guys like Sexton.

The concept of converting players not part of your longterm plans into draft capital seems to be lost on many.
I think Ainge is a genius. He essentially converted Royce into Brice, Kevin Knox II, the Italian dude and the Wiz 2nd round pick. That's a pretty good haul.

Gonna miss you KO all the best!

We havent traded out a single guard really. Thats the weirdest part of all this. Ochai plays 3 exclusively, and THT+Sexton+JC are just not compatible.

But we traded away three rotation players for filler. Surely THT will get some of Ochai's minutes or something.

I loved KO, but his age was too old to keep long-term. He was a bit of the crutch for the team and not something you want to get too use to I guess.

Honestly feel the same way about Dunn. Just dont think Dunn/KO being such integral parts of the team are what DA views long-term and will have them both dealt to put more load on the rookies and guys like Sexton.
When do you think his skillset declines enough for this to be true? If he has 3-4 years left in the tank his skillset and role are a huge benefit. Every very good team needs guys that do what KO and Tech did for us.