What's new

Jazz trade Olynyk and Ochai to Toronto for Kira Lewis, Otto Porter, and a 2024 1st round pick

Agreed except Ochai's defense is a little overrated tbh. He's not great defending big wings which is why Simone took over the SF role. Dunn is better defending guards. Ochai kinda got lost a bit in Hardy's zone defense. Sam Merrill, Keegan Murray and a few others really got their shot off against Ochai too.
lmao wut?

Simone took over because Simone is far and away the better player.

Ochai's defense was not why he wasnt getting minutes.

There's nothing to overthink with Ochai. He stopped hitting shots and then he lost confidence.

So w
Fair analysis.

There is also a pattern here. Ainge is building value in players the first half of the season for a sell on value add. Meanwhile, draft picks get minutes in the G-League and after 4 months there, they get promotions to the full team for the second half of the season. Rinse and repeat. As the value game goes, it's not bad.
So what you're saying is DA is running a clearing house where the Jazz train players for the rest of the league. I'm not liking that a whole lot.

No, making a trade with good value is an action. A plan is composed of multiple actions, aligned to each other to get a result.

You see the actions. You don't see the plan. But you also aren't a 15 mo old who sees the apple go behind the napkin and think it has vanished from the universe, Stitches. Just because you aren't privy to the details of said plan isn't an argument that it doesn't exist.
It's also not an argument that it does exist.

And that's fine, but what did they see during the off season to call him untouchable and talk about him as a future starter. Either the talk was BS or they changed their minds quicker than I would hope our decision makers would change their minds.

I wonder if their was an opportunity in the off season to move Ochai for better value. I still think Ochai could be a good player. It feels like we are selling low.
Maybe but that always felt like sales talk to me. Like they wanted something more for him and realized early... but didn't find anyone that would bite. They may have believed it until summer league.

If they sold low it wasn't that low. Look he was always super mid and replaceable... I tried to tell yall.

lmao wut?

Simone took over because Simone is far and away the better player.

Ochai's defense was not why he wasnt getting minutes.

There's nothing to overthink with Ochai. He stopped hitting shots and then he lost confidence.
Ochai could not defend big wings except mainly for the occasional chase down block. Hardy even commented at some point that he preferred Simone's size which is why he got the start.

I totally agree Simone is currently the better player so it's not worth arguing the point.

Beyond having Danny AKA Christian Barbrow shoot us in the foot for the second consecutive season in his quest to collect his thirty “precious” picks, he duped us into believing he was seriously shifting to buyer mode for a run this season. Unless a team was interested in gifting us a Dejounte Murray or likewise, no way Ainge was psychologically prepared to relinquish one of his “precious “ picks IMO!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8&pp=ygULbXkgcHJlY2lvdXM%3D

Makes sense. Simone was a younger, cheaper starter who played more minutes.

Fwiw I don't like either trade. Boo

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
This.

Sad to see Kelly go.

Two comments:
1. I'm choosing to believe that this trade signals that Kelly was clear in his desire to sign elsewhere. The fact that he's gone to Toronto, specifically, gives an even clearer indication.
2. I think I can buy into the vision here. The rookies need some extra burn to finish out the year, and we now have better assets and flexibility to make **** happen this offseason.

So with our 1st round pick we get to keep it if it is in top 10 and must give to okc if outside top 10 and if so I would rather give it to them now as this draft is meant to be very weak

We definite sold low... Olynyk himself is enough to get us a late first. ****. We sold Simone for more than what we sold KO/Ochai for combined

We definite sold low... Olynyk himself is enough to get us a late first. ****. We sold Simone for more than what we sold KO/Ochai for combined
KO was on the market for months. there were media reports everywhere that indicated 4 to 8 teams really wanted him. do you really believe all those teams were offering 1st round picks? do you really believe danny was offerred a 1st round pick for KO and said let me throw in another player for free? danny is a lot of things but he does not give players away for free. this was the best offer for KO. no other team offered a first for KO alone. if they had Danny would have taken it and saved an asset.

KO was on the market for months. there were media reports everywhere that indicated 4 to 8 teams really wanted him. do you really believe all those teams were offering 1st round picks? do you really believe danny was offerred a 1st round pick for KO and said let me throw in another player for free? danny is a lot of things but he does not give players away for free. this was the best offer for KO. no other team offered a first for KO alone. if they had Danny would have taken it and saved an asset.

It's the hair isn't it?

Sorry I have to disagree about DA, But he has given several Jazz players away for nothing .