What's new

Jazz VS lakers Tomorrow on NBA TV

Fakers are playing a lot of scrubs, but Utah has established a double-digit lead like they should.

Jazz without their best player

Catch-'n-Jack launches a constested trey; Shannon Brown responds with making an open trey.

CJ with 7 points on 3-5 +10

Artest is still a tough matchup for Utah--especially the soft pair of wings of CJ and Haywards.

Hayward fighting through screens. looking pretty good.

JESUS CHRIST STOP YOUR ASSACHING.

Somehow by watching Jefferson's game you can kind of see why he doesn't get to the foul line.

Jazz without their best player
Kobe has played 9 minutes; Bynum is injured. Utah was playing one more starter than the Lakers for much of the game. Your problem is?

JESUS CHRIST STOP YOUR ASSACHING.
Not sure where my comment of "Still too early to tell, but Utah could be dangerous this year" fits in with your totally out-of-control remark here.

Maybe your signature should be New _Prescription_Old_Antidepressant . . .

This is the game I've been waiting on from Hayward. The points are nice, but what I like more is he looks loose. He's passing the ball very well, making instinctive plays, cutting to the basket. That little pass to Sap for the open 10 footer was nicer than it looked. The O was breaking down, he could have gotten away with forcing one himself, but he showed nice awareness.

Kobe has played 9 minutes; Bynum is injured. Utah was playing one more starter than the Lakers for much of the game. Your problem is?

Not sure where my comment of "Still too early to tell, but Utah could be dangerous this year" fits in with your totally out-of-control remark here.

Maybe your signature should be New _Prescription_Old_Antidepressant . . .

Your words speak for themselves. Besides, the half-cracked shots at CJ have totally lost their chic around here. It's like wearing polka-dots: it's not even cool in an ironic kinda way. Besides, give me one wing in the NNNNNBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAA that can get physical with Ron Artest.

BTW, fax me over the starting line-up you have for the jazz cuz I wasn't aware that had been settled. And, last I checked they are down two starters from last year, too.

This is the game I've been waiting on from Hayward. The points are nice, but what I like more is he looks loose. He's passing the ball very well, making instinctive plays, cutting to the basket. That little pass to Sap for the open 10 footer was nicer than it looked. The O was breaking down, he could have gotten away with forcing one himself, but he showed nice awareness.

indeed. I'm watching him 99% of the time; he's looking good, especially on the up-and-under juke and the couple of assists.

Jazz are not playing with DW or Memo while the Lakers are playing without Bynum. I think the scrub comment is a little bias. It is only preseason but the Jazz are looking promising. I hope Jeremy Evans plays some in the second half. Thompson showed little again and I think he is a possible cut unless he has been playing well in practice.

We will see which scrubs play this second half or will Sloan play to win to build the Jazz confidence. Even if it is preseason this team needs to win in LA just to prove to themselves that they can win there.

This is the reason the Jefferson trade was made...He makes Pau "I really want to look like a poor person" Gasol work on both ends. Boozer was easy to defend and easy to shoot over, dribble around, and just make look foolish on the defensive end.

Oh, Hayward, Kirilenko, and Miles look very good.

Your words speak for themselves. Besides, the half-cracked shots at CJ have totally lost their chic around here. It's like wearing polka-dots: it's not even cool in an ironic kinda way. Besides, give me one wing in the NNNNNBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAA that can get physical with Ron Artest.

BTW, fax me over the starting line-up you have for the jazz cuz I wasn't aware that had been settled. And, last I checked they are down two starters from last year, too.
I really have no idea what bee in your bonnet is. If you look at the thread to this point, you'll see that most of my comments have been positive. Sure that you didn't forget to take your medication?

Also, I would be willing to bet that Jefferson and Kirilenko (if healthy) will be in the starting lineup.

And why in the world are you defending CJ? I gave him props for his follow-up dunk, then I criticized him for his contested shot. Problem is that you see what you want to see.

I really have no idea what bee in your bonnet is. If you look at the thread to this point, you'll see that most of my comments have been positive. Sure that you didn't forget to take your medication?

Also, I would be willing to bet that Jefferson and Kirilenko (if healthy) will be in the starting lineup.

And why in the world are you defending CJ? I gave him props for his follow-up dunk, then I criticized him for his contested shot. Problem is that you see what you want to see.

I'll apologize for not hanging on your every word throughout this thread. I read a handful of recent posts and the one I saw from you contains all kind of annoying, typical-jazzfanz-glass-half-empty remarks. You know your stuff most the time.

Jazz are not playing with DW or Memo while the Lakers are playing without Bynum. I think the scrub comment is a little bias.
For several minutes of the second quarter, Utah was playing with AK (and sometimes CJ, who might be the starter if Bell isn't), while L.A. didn't have any starters on the floor. Jackson eventually put in Gasol, and then Artest.

It is only preseason but the Jazz are looking promising.
I couldn't say it better myself. Even though I did.

Fakers are playing a lot of scrubs, but Utah has established a double-digit lead like they should.

The only "scrubs" they are playing are Trey Johnson and Devin Ebanks (their rook)

We played Hayward and Thompson.

The only thing you can take from this game is that the Jazz are running their offense well and shutting the Lakers down on the defensive end.

It's a totally different dynamic with Big Al out there against the Lakers. The guy goes relentlessly to the hole. He's got moves, of course, but he's a much more difficult guy to defend than Boozer and he could actually get them in foul trouble. I'll die remembering Boozer try every crazy body English angle to get his shot up over the Laker bigs. Al is not as affected by length because of the way he plays.

The first half has been a defensive battle. The Jazz have used speed and good man defense to disrupt the Laker shooting and disrupt interior passing. The lakers still have a lot of length that the Jazz have trouble with. Not so much so without Boozer.

Fes looked a little over amped and Ratlif flopped. Th Jazz could really cause problems with the lakers at the guard spots. If Kobe is not 100% Jazz have a real advantage. The Jazz have also gotten closer down low, still advantage lakers with bigs.

Price and Watson attacking the paint has gotten the lakers scrambling. Ak all over on defense. Cj playing well noting outstanding, but steady, thumbs up. Al is a huge help. Milsap struggling against the length. Bell could probably take the midrange jumper more.

The only "scrubs" they are playing are Trey Johnson and Devin Ebanks (their rook)

We played Hayward and Thompson.

The only thing you can take from this game is that the Jazz are running their offense well and shutting the Lakers down on the defensive end.
Ratliff, Brown and Barnes were the other three who started the second quarter. Maybe they aren't scrubs, but they ain't starters. Kiri and Miles both started the second quarter.

Utah are doing some good things, some very good things, but it's no coincidence that the Lakers have closed the lead when they brought back Gasol and Artest late in Q2. Lack of Deron is a factor in Utah's favor.

Whoa--Bell got totally burned by Kobe but fortunately made it up immediately with a shot on the other end. I iddn't see the first quarter, but bell or somebudy must have been doing something right by keeping KB quite in Q1.