What's new

JAZZ vs. Magic - Orlando Pro Summer League - 1pm et 7/6/10

One thing I wanted to mention about Hayward that I have liked seeing is that when he runs the floor on the break, he is looking for the ball all the way as he sprints to the wing. With D-Will running the point, he is going to get a lot of open looks that way. Gaines seems to be missing him on the occasions that he is open.

I've watched both games; I know - I'm a glutton for punishment.

Gaines: same player. I don't think he's worked on his game much. Not a good outside shooter, can put his head down and drive, but dribbles too much and commits too many TO's, and would probably lose to Shaq in a FT competition. He'll be invited to TC, but KOC would do well to see if anyone better gets cut.

Hayward: OK, I've changed my mind on this kid. He's going to get minutes and fill the stat sheet. I look for him to come off curls (a la Harpring) or fade to the outside (like Raja). He'll get some assists, fight for rebounds and he does a good job of playing the passing lanes. He is a better "system" guy, which is why he won't have eye-popping stats at the OSL.

Koufos: The most frustrating player for me to watch. At times, I see him fighting inside, making a good shot, playing decent defense. Then he'll "disappear" for long stretches. I agree he does look stronger.

Augustine: Jazz are going to lose him. They'll want to invite him to TC, but I see another team stepping in and signing him to a guaranteed contract. Meanwhile, the Jazz will still be jackpotting around with Boozer. Augustine can definitely give a team 10-15 mins. off the bench. And the fact he played with Deron would be a positive move, IMO, if they signed him (well, if he and Deron got along).

Jeffers: 13th man if no one else

Evans: has potential. Europe a possibility. Or D-League if he insists on staying in the U.S.

All the rest: I haven't see much consistency from anyone else. Gardner can score, but I don't think the Jazz have a roster spot for him.