What's new

Jazz vs. Pels tonight

There really isn't a way to defend what the Jazz were doing on offense. It wasn't even that the Jazz were just hitting shots. The offense was perfectly spaced, people played their roles, the ball found the open man, on the SECOND game of preseason. Imagine after running this stuff for a few months or years even. The Jazz didn't even get to the line that often because the defenders were shook that badly.There is no reason that what Green did is not repeatable. Those were pretty easy minutes for him. Imagine what Conley must feel after going through Grit and Grind

Obviously, the defenses were not playing at full speed, but wow! The Jazz Defensive game plan appeared to be not get injured and stop Reddick. They were pretty successful there.

Good game from our starters!
We got a taste of what elite level ball movement looks like, and better shooting.
I felt like it was a test to see the almost full power of the battle station. And it looked impressive. Most impressive.

-Great to see Bog and Conley have comeback shooting nights.
-the lobs to Gobert were on point.
-Green was a steal. He will thrive in our system.
-DM is going to deadly with all this help, spacing, and less wear.
-Royce is going to have a big year. I was so wrong about him.
-Ingles with 8 dimes. I love it.
-Bradley is a solid player folks. Only big thing is we all wish he was more athletic, but at least he seems to always be in the right position to score.
-Favors is an afterthought on the Pels. Not sure what kind of year he has, but I'm rooting for him and im sure he'll have one monster hulk dunk one time :)

For anyone who complains about our announcers, the Pelicans announcers are some awful, awful, homerrific garbage announcers.

There were back to back travel calls first one on us which they agreed was a travel and talked about the emphasis on the rule... second one on pelicans and they acted like it was a great injustice...

There really isn't a way to defend what the Jazz were doing on offense. It wasn't even that the Jazz were just hitting shots. The offense was perfectly spaced, people played their roles, the ball found the open man, on the SECOND game of preseason. Imagine after running this stuff for a few months or years even. The Jazz didn't even get to the line that often because the defenders were shook that badly.There is no reason that what Green did is not repeatable. Those were pretty easy minutes for him. Imagine what Conley must feel after going through Grit and Grind

Obviously, the defenses were not playing at full speed, but wow! The Jazz Defensive game plan appeared to be not get injured and stop Reddick. They were pretty successful there.

Rudy was in chill mode a bit.

we shot 50% from three and based on the looks we were getting... it felt like it should have been higher.

Jeff Green has been so friggin great... I feel like I’m getting reeled in... trying to tell myself he will fade in and out... don’t get your hopes up... then I’m like well maybe he knows who he is and maybe he’s never played in a system like ours... my minds telling me noooooooo.... but my body... my bodddyyyyyyy is telling me yes!

Jeff Green has been so friggin great... I feel like I’m getting reeled in... trying to tell myself he will fade in and out... don’t get your hopes up... then I’m like well maybe he knows who he is and maybe he’s never played in a system like ours... my minds telling me noooooooo.... but my body... my bodddyyyyyyy is telling me yes!
I keep going back to what his role is going to be on this team, and what our expectations should be. Like, he's been a pretty big part of some really good teams in the past, but isn't the kind of player that you can really expect to tool your roster around. Which I guess is why what we hear so much about him is that he'll let us down from fans of teams he's been on recently.

But as a role player, with great shooting around him I think he can be a really effective roll man, and gives us a look in transition we've really missed- an athletic big who can put the ball on the floor.

Maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into him, but I can't help but feel like people's expectations of him are what lead them to feel like he's underwhelming.

Good game from our starters!
We got a taste of what elite level ball movement looks like, and better shooting.
I felt like it was a test to see the almost full power of the battle station. And it looked impressive. Most impressive.

-Great to see Bog and Conley have comeback shooting nights.
-the lobs to Gobert were on point.
-Green was a steal. He will thrive in our system.
-DM is going to deadly with all this help, spacing, and less wear.
-Royce is going to have a big year. I was so wrong about him.
-Ingles with 8 dimes. I love it.
-Bradley is a solid player folks. Only big thing is we all wish he was more athletic, but at least he seems to always be in the right position to score.
-Favors is an afterthought on the Pels. Not sure what kind of year he has, but I'm rooting for him and im sure he'll have one monster hulk dunk one time :)

Nice post. Would Rep.

Aint nuthin' wrong with lil bump and grind.

For anyone who complains about our announcers, the Pelicans announcers are some awful, awful, homerrific garbage announcers.

Joel Meyers is a pro's pro. Quite frankly I'd take him over Bolerjack in a second.

Antonio Daniels on the other hand is a hack and old school Jazz hater. Brings very little as an analyst.