What's new

Jazz vs. Pels tonight

My thoughts on the game:

- It was great to see how the offense was running and that ball being pinballed across the floor. Nobody can defend that. What’s better is that if you actually watched it, it really wasn’t that good or crisp because a lot of guys were caught off guard. When that gets polished with some chemistry and experience it will be unbelievable. It will also be better when guys will be a little less unselfish and fire up the open looks.

- Such as Bojan. Knock on his was how he’d pass. Times he overpassed. So it’s good he’s seeing the floor well, but will be better when he balances that with the ability to shoot.

- Defense hasn’t kicked into gear. I don’t expect us to have lost much defensively, but once we get guys figuring it out, which may take time, we will go back to elite. I also don’t think the drop off to Davis will look that bad. Right now the defense sucks because guys don’t know what they’re doing. Once it gets organized, Davis’ defensive drop off from Gobert won’t look so bad.

- TB looking better than anticipated and may provide a bit of value at some point. If it’s not on the floor, he may have a bit of value in trade.

- Jeff Green wow. I loved Crowder. There have been only a few guys in Jazz history that I’ve really wanted on the team prior to us getting them, and Crowder was one (unfortunately Mark Jackson and Brevin Knight were others, but so was Korver [and Steve Novak]). But despite my love for Crowder, it was hard because I kept expecting him to be Crowder but he was so inconsistent. I had a lot of doubts about Green being able to be Crowder but this guy may be amazing when there’s lots of space, lots of ball movement, absolutely no pressure, and him getting to the hoop with athleticism is a hole we need filled.

- With the space, pace, and open floor, Exum and Mudiay May actually look really good a la Jeff Green.

- I want Ingles’ threes back. He’s been a great facilitator this summer and last night, but I hope he doesn’t go back to deferring.

- Thurl has upped his game. Safe to say Minnesota won the Bailey/Corbin trade.

My thoughts on the game:

- It was great to see how the offense was running and that ball being pinballed across the floor. Nobody can defend that. What’s better is that if you actually watched it, it really wasn’t that good or crisp because a lot of guys were caught off guard. When that gets polished with some chemistry and experience it will be unbelievable. It will also be better when guys will be a little less unselfish and fire up the open looks.

- Such as Bojan. Knock on his was how he’d pass. Times he overpassed. So it’s good he’s seeing the floor well, but will be better when he balances that with the ability to shoot.

- Defense hasn’t kicked into gear. I don’t expect us to have lost much defensively, but once we get guys figuring it out, which may take time, we will go back to elite. I also don’t think the drop off to Davis will look that bad. Right now the defense sucks because guys don’t know what they’re doing. Once it gets organized, Davis’ defensive drop off from Gobert won’t look so bad.

- TB looking better than anticipated and may provide a bit of value at some point. If it’s not on the floor, he may have a bit of value in trade.

- Jeff Green wow. I loved Crowder. There have been only a few guys in Jazz history that I’ve really wanted on the team prior to us getting them, and Crowder was one (unfortunately Mark Jackson and Brevin Knight were others, but so was Korver [and Steve Novak]). But despite my love for Crowder, it was hard because I kept expecting him to be Crowder but he was so inconsistent. I had a lot of doubts about Green being able to be Crowder but this guy may be amazing when there’s lots of space, lots of ball movement, absolutely no pressure, and him getting to the hoop with athleticism is a hole we need filled.

- With the space, pace, and open floor, Exum and Mudiay May actually look really good a la Jeff Green.

- I want Ingles’ threes back. He’s been a great facilitator this summer and last night, but I hope he doesn’t go back to deferring.

Good post.

I wouldn't expect us to hit our stride defensively until around late January. Its going to be a work in progress.

Joel Meyers is a pro's pro. Quite frankly I'd take him over Bolerjack in a second.

Antonio Daniels on the other hand is a hack and old school Jazz hater. Brings very little as an analyst.
He's a pro in the sense that he calls a game well, has a great voice, and that he can change his homerism on a dime depending on who cuts his check. But he's been a super duper homer for the Spurs, Lakers, and now the Pelicans. He very rarely has a critical eye.

His paring with the Spurs and Sean Elliot was the absolute worse.

My thoughts on the game:

Agree with this.

On defense... playing defense is hard and tough on the body. I think Rudy hung back a bit and was feeling out Zion. He’s a boxer so that was a first round touch gloves and dance type of night. DM looks to be absolutely getting after it on that end though. I think it gets better.

we are currently making one too many passes at times... you can see Bojan trying really hard and he’s not a natural passer imo. He may need to be a shot hunter and told to be more aggressive. Royce passed up a layup for a corner three last night and it made me laugh.

I’m all in on Uncle Jeff.

Also, I know it’s just preseason but holy **** NWA looks real AF. Pelicans are a playoff team this year. Lonzo looks solid too and I’m super happy for him... he’s escaped the tyranny of his dad and his hometown and can now just play ball.

Also, I know it’s just preseason but holy **** NWA looks real AF. Pelicans are a playoff team this year. Lonzo looks solid too and I’m super happy for him... he’s escaped the tyranny of his dad and his hometown and can now just play ball.
Who is NWA? Zion? If so why NWA?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think that we definitely saw a lot of potential especially with the offense. I was pretty happy with everyone. However, Green really impressed me. Both he and Davis are going to be very underrated, valuable signings.

Bradley the strangest player ever.

I really wish he was more physical and had better body language. He seems to get down on himself easily. He relies too much on just being long to create space instead of using his body.

But he still puts up crazy stats. He could be like a longer version of Kanter if he stared using his body more and being more aggressive.

I use to say he had traits of LMA but his shot just hasnt progressed at all. Think hes purely a low post garbage man type on offense that you can post on mismatches.

Bradley the strangest player ever.

I really wish he was more physical and had better body language. He seems to get down on himself easily. He relies too much on just being long to create space instead of using his body.

But he still puts up crazy stats. He could be like a longer version of Kanter if he stared using his body more and being more aggressive.

I use to say he had traits of LMA but his shot just hasnt progressed at all. Think hes purely a low post garbage man type on offense that you can post on mismatches.
PFOTF.