What's new

Jazz vs Raptors | Wednesday November 3rd @ 6pm

Reggie Evans has 19 boards with 5 and half minutes left in the forth quarter against the Kings. This guy has been a monster on the boards this year.

Who will have more boards in Wednesday's game? Millsap, Jefferson, or Reggie Evans?

Reggie Evans has 19 boards with 5 and half minutes left in the forth quarter against the Kings. This guy has been a monster on the boards this year.

Who will have more boards in Wednesday's game? Millsap, Jefferson, or Reggie Evans?

who is the kings front line? i know its made up of a rookie and some sort of jellybean monster, that might explain evans rebounding.

Deron > Jack/Calderon
Bell/Miles > Demar
AK > Kleiza
Sap > Evans
Big Al > Bargnani
on paper looks like an easy win...
if we keep Barg, Kleiza, Calderon and Barbosa from getting hot and keep Evans from the boards we might see a whole lot of Hayward...
Jazz 105 - Craptors 92

The Calderon match up always makes for some good clips for Deron's highlight reel. Watching Jose try to guard him is always a laugh, Deron always breaks his ankles at least once.

Must-win game for the Jazz. Deron loves playing against these softy Raptors. I do not remember a game which we lost to them since what, 2004. As long as the Jazz show commitment to the execution of offense, do not get relaxed and play hard, no reason to lose game. Millsap and AJ will stuff the stat sheet. Bargs could be a problem with his great but awfully inconsistent outside shooting, Millsap is not used to defending shooter 4-5s, remember last year's Magic game at home. Kleiza is tough and playing against him will be a huge test for Miles, maybe a preparation of getting up against Artest in playoffs. Kleiza is physical and an all around scorer. Calderon is Pg version of Carlos in terms of "matador" defense. He is all about screaming, talking but no real effort put on the floor. Will get 5-6 assists, that's all. Deron should dominate and dictate the tempo right from start. Jarett Jack was their starting PG in season opener. I do not know it has ever changed since then.

who is the kings front line? i know its made up of a rookie and some sort of jellybean monster, that might explain evans rebounding.

It's the Bargnani effect. Whatever PF plays next to him gets inflated rebounding numbers, for obvious reasons. Bosh wouldn't have averaged 10+ a game if it weren't for the Bargs effect.

Evans was always a good rebounder to begin with, but now you can expect him to average 13 a game thanks to playing with the worst rebounding big in the NBA.

It's these kinds of games that the Jazz struggle with; they often play relative to their competition. Except for the Lakers, the Jazz normally play well against good teams and play poorly against teams like the Knicks. They shouldn't overlook this game. BTW, I looked at next week's schedule (@Heat,@Magic,@Hawks in a four day span, yikes)

I don't like this waiting around for games after a good win. I also don't like it for the players who want to get back out there and build on it, but I'm more upset about my own waiting.

It's these kinds of games that the Jazz struggle with; they often play relative to their competition. Except for the Lakers, the Jazz normally play well against good teams and play poorly against teams like the Knicks. They shouldn't overlook this game. BTW, I looked at next week's schedule (@Heat,@Magic,@Hawks in a four day span, yikes)

Is there a chance that this year could be different with our new crop of players? Well, I'm hoping.

SOURCE

Practice notes: Evans to be evaluated; Millsap on Bargnani

Published on Nov 2, 2010 10:42AM 0 Comments

Notes from a Jazz media session prior to a workout Tuesday at the team practice facility.

Utah forward Jeremy Evans (sprained right wrist) was set to go through pre-practice stretching drills. His status would then be evaluated. A positive outcome would allow Evans to work out with the team.
Evans said he hurt his wrist Sunday when it became tangled up while playing against Oklahoma City. He is day to day and will defer to the team trainer about whether he can play Wednesday against Toronto.
Evans dealt with ankle sprains early in his college career but has mostly remained injury free.
“It feels a lot better,” Evans said. “Because the first night, it was hurting pretty bad.”
The Jazz are expected to match up Andrei Kirilenko against Raptors small forward Linas Kleiza, Paul Millsap versus center Andrea Bargnani and Al Jefferson against power forward Reggie Evans.

- Brian T. Smith

Last edited:
How can Evans + Bargnani defend Sap + Jefferson? How can JJ/Calderon defend Deron? Kleiza and DD have played pretty well thus far, but neither has much of a jumpshot, so the Jazz's pack it in style should be fairly effective against Toronto's wing players.

If Utah comes out and executes on both ends, this is an easy win. The perfect matchup for the Jazz.

I'm excited about this one.

I think it's important to come back home and give the fans that important first home win. Keep everyone in Salt Lake drinking their kool-aide and feeling good.