What's new

Jazz weaknesses

It would really help if the Jazz had an athletic, two way wing or forward with some legit size, who could score in isolation. Our best isolation players are guards--Mitchell and Clarkson. I don't trust Bogdanovic to iso in big moments.

Jazz weaknesses - Jokic and LeBron

If we can keep them to their averages while Joe, Conley, Royce and Bojan show up consistently in the playoffs, we can play with anybody.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

MVP level player that just dominates every game. Teams can do it without one but its rare.
Donovan Mitchell scored the most points in the history of the NBA playoffs 1st Round last year.

We need all our 2nd tier guys (Conley, Favors, Joe, Clarkson, Royce and Bojan) to be there and play with consistency.

Small market. NBA has zero interest in Utah winning anything. The NBA is an entertainment company that 100% cares who wins championships.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
In which case the only thing more out of whack is being a fan of a small market team.

Donovan Mitchell scored the most points in the history of the NBA playoffs 1st Round last year.

We need all our 2nd tier guys (Conley, Favors, Joe, Clarkson, Royce and Bojan) to be there and play with consistency.

Donovan mitchell did in fact do that. However, was his first round last year a surprise to most? Yes. Do we expect him to that again. Nope.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz's biggest weakness is that they are just too good...BOOM! The NBA is going to have to break them up before they win everything.

The Jazz's biggest weakness is that they are just too good...BOOM! The NBA is going to have to break them up before they win everything.
Don't worry, the officiating team will be instructed to make sure a larger market team with better star power wins it all. Better for entertainment value and the bottom line.

The Jazz's advantage is that they play extremely well as a team and execute very well. It's what they rely on to be so successful.

The problem there is the degree that they need to rely on that rather than some individual talents. In other words, the disadvantage is that when a team figures out how to disrupt the Jazz's execution (which is what playoff basketball is all about), they'll have to fallback on versatility, flexibility, and/or individual talent that will have trouble meeting that of another team (namely, the Lakers).

Another way of summing it up is that this team feels kinda like the '14-'15 Hawks.

I think their best shot is hoping another team knocks off the Lakers, and the best way to do that is to go in as the 1 seed and hope the Lakers and Clippers matchup in the second round.

well it is hard to complain because of our record. Sometimes I doubt they have the killer instinct. They relax once they get up big instead of just demoralizing the opponent. I still worry about there physical toughness meaning that they can be pushed around a little.

The Jazz's advantage is that they play extremely well as a team and execute very well. It's what they rely on to be so successful.

The problem there is the degree that they need to rely on that rather than some individual talents. In other words, the disadvantage is that when a team figures out how to disrupt the Jazz's execution (which is what playoff basketball is all about), they'll have to fallback on versatility, flexibility, and/or individual talent that will have trouble meeting that of another team (namely, the Lakers).

Another way of summing it up is that this team feels kinda like the '14-'15 Hawks.

I think their best shot is hoping another team knocks off the Lakers, and the best way to do that is to go in as the 1 seed and hope the Lakers and Clippers matchup in the second round.
The best way to sum it up is......
MVP level player that just dominates every game. Teams can do it without one but its rare.

The best way to sum it up is......

And the Lakers have two of them, whose mix of size and talent would be a problem for the Jazz if it was just one of them. So that's not great.

Outside of the Lakers (and maybe the Nets, if they can get their heads on straight and keep them that way), I think the Jazz have good and maybe superior odds against anybody.

The Jazz are like a hydra. If they stay healthy, the hot hand cannot be double teamed, can they?

Donovan Mitchell is considered the star, and I don’t think anyone can argue that. But when Bogey and Clarkson are hot, this team presents a serious problem for any team out there. Including the LA teams.

Our weaknesses may not be any worse than any other team’s weaknesses.