What's new

jazzfanz AWESOME Fantasy Basketball League

PKM will be living in the tunnel under sunset begging for spare change to buy booze at that point, I'm not worried

Would do it, but I get so bored halfway through every season.

I hear ya. That's my gripe about fantasy basketball usually.

That's why I'm trying to make this league more about building a team that you keep as yours and having the extra roster space to stash young guys, instead of it just being a league about shuffling your lineup everyday like a robot.

Super Double in
Chris L
PKM
Zulu
Nightmare867-5309
Ben10
UGLI baby
Stoked (I think??)

Regular in
GameFace
SpyCam
Orangello

MOAR!

Alright, we have enough people for it to be safe for everyone to start paying. I'll PM you guys my PayPal. Just want everyone to be aware, I won't be keeping any of the money myself obviously, but since this is a keeper league, there will be $10-15 rolled over from each initial $50 buy in that will stay in the league to encourage people to keep playing from year to year. The payout for this year will still be over $400, and if you stay in the league you will benefit from the money that accrues. If you have questions, just ask.

btw, does anyone NOT have a paypal? Super easy to get and use one.

**EDIT** After you pay, Send me a PM with your PayPal name so I know what Users correlate with what payments.

Updated list.

PAID
UGLI baby
Nightmare867-5309
GameFace

Super Double in
Chris L
PKM
Zulu
Ben10
Wes Mantooth
Jazz Punk Rocker

Regular in
SpyCam
Orangello

Flying Stand by
Stoked

MOAR!

Last edited:
9 people in for sure so far. Waiting to hear from Orangello and Spycam.

Who else wants in?!?!

Awesome Fantasy Basketball League

My goal in making this league is for it to be very involving and active, without it being a chore for league members to manage their team. I've ran probably 20 fantasy leagues over the years and I feel like I know what will make a fun league.

LEAGUE RULES

Keeper League: I think the best way to make this league more engrossing is to make it a keeper league. If you don't know what a keeper league is, it just means that at the end of the year you will designate a certain amount of keepers that will stay on your team for the next season. This makes the players feel more like "your guys" and also makes roster moves more important. I'm thinking around 8 keepers per year, but that will depend partially on the size of the league.

Buy In: There will be a $50 league buy in. I know that this is high for some people but the buy-in needs to be somewhat high to keep the league ultra competitive and interesting. I have plans to do weekly prizes, and obviously end of season payouts and also creative ways to incentivize people to stay in the league from year to year. If you want to know specifics, ask, otherwise I'll spell everything out once the league is full.

Standard Scoring: The scoring will be standard 8 category scoring.

Rosters: The roster size will partially depend on how many teams we end up with in the league. There is a sweet spot I want to hit on the amount of players rostered and the amount left on the waiver wire

Weekly Auction Players on the waiver wire will be claimed by auction at the beginning of every week. Each team will have a certain amount of money for the year to bid on free agents. This is handled on ESPN and is very simple. This solves the probem of people adding and dropping players every single day to gain an advantage. The priority will be placed on who builds the best team rather than who is willing to spend the most time rotating their roster.

D League: Something that I think will make this league cool is the "D League" element. Most of us love tracking rookies and sophomores, but in fantasy they are not all that valuable. In this league, each team will be able to carry up to 3 players on their D League squad. These players will not affect the roster space on your real team. Players will remain on your D League team until you "call them up" to your real team or until they enter their 3rd NBA season. Derrick Favors is a good example of a guy that you would've wanted to stash on your D League roster. Almost no fantasy value his rookie year, a little value his 2nd year, but could have huge value going forward in his career. Once a player has been called up from your D League, they will not be allowed to go back, so make sure they are ready. If all this seems confusing, don't worry I have come up with a simple way of handing this part of the league.

Rookie Draft Each year we will have a rookie draft that will take place sometime after the real NBA draft. I'll give more details on this later.

Un Kept players draft We will draft the un kept players before the start of the season. About half of your roster will be kept, and half will go back into this draft.

Weekly Contests I'll explain this in detail later, but these contests will increase the value of your "franchise" if you win and will be simple things like, "player with the most points in one night" etc

Initial DRAFT I was thinking about this, and it seems possible that we could do the draft on jazzfanz over the next month. It seems like people are excited to get started and that would get us started really soon and give us something fun to do leading up to the start of the season. Or we can obviously do a live online draft through ESPN at the end of October.

I'm probably forgetting to add stuff, so just ask. I have it all planned out in my head, just hard to type it all out. I'll add more to this post as needed.

I know 10 people have signed up so far, either tell me here or PM me if you want in or out and I'll send you my PayPal info. If you have concerns about that, there are people on jazzfanz that should be able to vouch for me (probly haha)

Any new people, PM me or tell me here. Looking for as many as 14.

I really think this will be a fun league, let me know if anything needs explaining.