What's new

Jazzfanz BIG BOARD rankings ROUND 7

If all of these players were available who would you want The Jazz to pick?

• Al-Farouq Aminu

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Cole Aldrich

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Ed Davis

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Ekpe Udoh

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Gordon Honzward

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Hassan Whiteside

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Luke Babbit

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Patrick Patterson

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Paul George

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Xavier Henry

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

UGLI baby

Jazzfanz Big Board

evan-turner-poy.jpg

Evan Turner

john.wall.jpg

John Wall

spt-100106-derrick-favors.300w.jpg

Derrick Favors

091220UKbkc246.standalone.prod_affiliate.79.jpg

DeMarcus Cousins

wesley-johnson-ap2.jpg

Wesley Johnson

84436445.jpg

Greg Monroe

I keep flip flopping in my head between Aminu and Aldrich.

Last round I voted Aldrich, this round I voted Aminu.

Last edited:
These pre-draft "who would you pick" debates always backfire. Once everyone commits to a position, many will spend years trying to prove that they were right all along. They start dissing whatever player the Jazz get (unless it was their pick) and start a new thread everytime their erstwhile favorite has a decent game when the Jazz rookie doesn't.

Hell, there's still even some christina paul lovers runnin round this here joint, trying to prove their superior wisdom, ya know?

I guess I'll go Aminu here with his long long arms. most of his listed strengths on the defensive end so we could use him.

Ok, I'm sticking with Aldrich. I think he's tough and plays hard. I've been flopping too, between he and Monroe. I think his agent not letting him work out with other bigs was the final deciding factor for me. Go Aldrich!

These pre-draft "who would you pick" debates always backfire. Once everyone commits to a position, many will spend years trying to prove that they were right all along. They start dissing whatever player the Jazz get (unless it was their pick) and start a new thread everytime their erstwhile favorite has a decent game when the Jazz rookie doesn't.

Hell, there's still even some christina paul lovers runnin round this here joint, trying to prove their superior wisdom, ya know?

I don't know. Over a number of years I think people's track records have developed interestingly. For instance, there was one poster who used to post about the draft a lot that sort of infamously kept pimping Gerald Green and Saer Sene. They eventually changed their username, presumably out of shame.

It also allows you to selectively reinvent your own prowess. For instance, I was one of the very first on the board to advocate picking Deron Williams. I like to bring that up a lot, and somehow never bring up that I liked Derrick Byars with the 25th pick in 2007 and he's never played a minute in the NBA. Although, to be fair, that makes him only marginally worse than Morris Almond.

Deron was kinda a no-brainer, though, I figure. He was fat, and ya just kinda knew he would ruff-up that skinny-*** christina every chance he got, eh?

I went with Aminu. Of this group he is most likely to create a mismatch on offense and still play decent defense. He needs to shoot better than Brewer though, or he'll just be another Brewer. If he can't shoot, then I'd go with Whiteside, Babbit or George.

I voted for Xavier Henry. He's the player that most grows on me the more I learn.

Me too. I am starting to look at Henry and compare him to Turner. Right now Turner is the better player, but compare Henry to Turner when Turner was a Freshman and they are very similar. Henry is a better shooter than Turner is today but Turner is a guy who I would want to take a last shot and Henry's not there. Yet. I would be very happy with Henry.

I don't know. Over a number of years I think people's track records have developed interestingly. For instance, there was one poster who used to post about the draft a lot that sort of infamously kept pimping Gerald Green and Saer Sene. They eventually changed their username, presumably out of shame.

That poster was right a lot more often than he was wrong in regard to the draft - the shame and embarrassment was from the fact that he had 10,000+ posts under two different usernames. If he ever gets there again, a change will likely be imminent once again.

BTW, congrats on your

hero07.jpg

Me too. I am starting to look at Henry and compare him to Turner. Right now Turner is the better player, but compare Henry to Turner when Turner was a Freshman and they are very similar. Henry is a better shooter than Turner is today but Turner is a guy who I would want to take a last shot and Henry's not there. Yet. I would be very happy with Henry.

Both Henry and Babbitt surprised me with their size and athleticism. Everybody knew they were lights out shooters, but now you add excellent size and athletic ability to the mix, it's hard to not be impressed.

My personal big board, in levels:

1. Wall & Turner
2. Favors
3. Cousins & Johnson
4. Monroe, Henry, Aminu, Aldrich

The above are my "Top Nine". If the Jazz get any of them, I will consider the darft a success.

5. Honzward & Patterson

I loved Honzward as a college player, but I can't seen him being able to keep up in the NBA. Years of watching slow guys (read "white") like Bird and Hornacek were erased by Adam Morrison. He's not Bird or Hornacek. Maybe Gordon Honzward can do something in the league, like be a lights out shooter, but #9 should be more than a specialized role player. If the Jazz darft him, I'll be apprehensive. Patterson can play, but we already have two Pattersons. Well, one after July.

6. Babbitt, Davis, Edoh, George

Meh.