What's new

Jazzfanz is dead, long live Jazzfanz

I'm wondering if anyone is still watching/rewatching their John Stockton tribute DVD. I enjoyed passing that along to those lucky enough to win it (like Colton).

Why don't you just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

Seriously: I treasured that DVD. It was awesome. It was amazing. It was fantastic. Then, about 4-5 months before I moved to Utah (3 years ago), a friend in Wisconsin asked to borrow it. I said, "Sure". He borrowed it... and never gave it back. I asked him for the DVD back several times... no dice. Moving day came, no Stockton DVD. I think even after I moved here, I asked him to mail it once or twice. No dice. I've given up hope. Bottom line: I no longer have your awesome Stockton tribute DVD. Now I just get sad every time I think of it. :-(

twins.jpg

I'm just glad no one was walking outside my office door when I saw that one. Bwahahaha!!!

Tater, you seriously are a talented writer. You should be writing novels or at least cue cards for some journalism TV show. :)
After he was quoted in the ESPN Mag and (jazzfanz site was mentioned as the source) he led a life of ritz and glamor, partying, clubs, alcohol, drugs all that led to his down fall and his soon to be VH1 special.

Colton, if I still have my old John Stockton Tribute DVD, I'd be happy to mail it to you free of charge. I'll check next time I'm home.

And as for some of the stuff I missed, thanks for bringing them up. I mentioned a few of them--especially Eric Pincus, who still writes for a hoops blog--in a post in general discussion, but there's a lot of great stuff I missed.

Cue Bordy's Coach impression.

After he was quoted in the ESPN Mag and (jazzfanz site was mentioned as the source) he led a life of ritz and glamor, partying, clubs, alcohol, drugs all that led to his down fall and his soon to be VH1 special.

Sports Illustrated, thank you very much.

Nothing quite so mixed as being quoted in a popular magazine and having that quote attributed to "tatermoog".

okay, i know i've had four kids since i started posting on jazzfanz, so that's a lot of sleepless hours and missed days on the board, but how did i miss this? link, please.

'fraid I don't have a link, but remember the context.

Shortly after the '03/'04 season began and the Jazz had proven Frank Hughes's dire predictions wrong, SI ran a story on the New Jazz. They mentioned Jazzfanz and--for some reason--quoted a comment I made about how exciting the new team was from when I was still drinking the Kool-Aid two-fisted. And they called me, if I recall, a "frequent poster." No comment was made on my subsequent quitting in future issues.

My comment was no big deal, but if I remember correctly, that was when Jazzfanz went from a comparable site to the RealGM board to the behemoth it is today. Massive traffic spikes.

My comment was no big deal, but if I remember correctly, that was when Jazzfanz went from a comparable site to the RealGM board to the behemoth it is today. Massive traffic spikes.
Sad sad story, your literary work gets you famous also gets what was then your favorite places to read and write your work a significant boost in traffic but ultimately that same thing that brought all that to you is the same thing that drove you away.

I know I know it's serious

Why did the excellent posting phenom that once was tatermoog devolve into the smug, ****ty poker playing hipster?