What's new

Jazz's Remaining Schedule is the Easiest in the League

Even without Mitchell, the Jazz should have split, at worst, the Timberwolves games. That alone would have made last night's contest a little less meaningful, as the Jazz would still be up in the loss column (by two if they won both those games).

For all the talk about Utah's weak second-half schedule, they still dropped games to the Wizards (twice, right? ), Mavs, a depleted Lakers team and twice to Minnesota.

If Utah fails to win the top seed, which is looking more and more likely now, it'll be those six games (two with Mitchell) you can point to that really damaged their chances.

Even without Mitchell, the Jazz should have split, at worst, the Timberwolves games. That alone would have made last night's contest a little less meaningful, as the Jazz would still be up in the loss column (by two if they won both those games).

For all the talk about Utah's weak second-half schedule, they still dropped games to the Wizards, Mavs, a depleted Lakers team and twice to Minnesota.

If Utah fails to win the top seed, which is looking more and more likely now, it'll be those five games (one with Mitchell) you can point to that really damaged their chances.
@mods

Please change his avatar name and photo to “Sherlock”. Tia.

@mods

Please change his avatar name and photo to “Sherlock”. Tia.
Apparently, some are struggling to grasp this fact, my dude because legit the post above mine was putting Utah's drop on Mitchell's injury.

The point is, my simple friend, injuries suck but and that can't be controlled. Losing twice to the Wolves, tho (or three times lmao)? Yeah, you have a better chance of controlling that.

It's just time Jazz fans realize this team isn't as good as they thought they were.

The injuries demonstrate a perfect point: that relying on another team to lose games is absolutely stupid. For us to come out lackadaisical because “we’re far ahead and have a favorable schedule” will always bite you in the ***.

Yes, it’s mostly been fans and certain media/social influencers specifically parroting these attitudes, but it also reflects into our culture and we’re seeing the team play out those same attitudes. Every year it’s bitten us in the *** down the stretch where we screw ourselves right before the playoffs and seem content to allow our fate to be in someone else’s hands.

Yeah, it may not matter in the end and maybe health is the most important thing. But we dropped a 3-1 lead in the first round last year, when we were up like 18 in the 3rd quarter, so it’s not like we have a track record of proving that we can just put that lackadaisical attitude behind us when needed. So if we’re wanting to say, “oh yeah, we’re tough and we’re ready for this,” it’s completely based on a hypothetical and completely unreferenced.

Apparently, some are struggling to grasp this fact, my dude because legit the post above mine was putting Utah's drop on Mitchell's injury.

The point is, my simple friend, injuries suck but and that can't be controlled. Losing twice to the Wolves, tho (or three times lmao)? Yeah, you have a better chance of controlling that.

It's just time Jazz fans realize this team isn't as good as they thought they were.
Then you stumbled on an obvious point.... but for all the wrong reasons and whilst addressing a straw man?

Sounds like it might’ve been one of your better moments, actually. And unfortunately.

For all the talk about Utah's weak second-half schedule, they still dropped games to the Wizards (twice, right? ), Mavs, a depleted Lakers team and twice to Minnesota.

If Utah fails to win the top seed, which is looking more and more likely now, it'll be those six games (two with Mitchell) you can point to that really damaged their chances.

The Jazz struggle to get quality shots off against big, athletic, switchable defenders. They had that problem against Miami and again against Minnesota. The Jazz still rely a lot on ball movement and dad-bod shooters with time to get an open look. Mitchell helps dramatically because he can break the paint and draw defenders. He's our best drive-and-kick player. When he's not playing, it's definitely tougher.

The good news is that Bogdanovic and Ingles have been finding their confidence.

Last edited:
OKC nearly helped us out tonight against Phoenix. Would've been great but they fell just short of pulling it off.

LeBron apparently left the game with right ankle soreness (the one he sprained) and won’t return.

The Lakers falling into the play-in went from scary possibility to most likely outcome.

Which means, assuming we finish 2nd (which is also the most likely outcome), we're looking at playing the Lakers in Round 1. Wow.

The Lakers falling into the play-in went from scary possibility to most likely outcome.

Which means, assuming we finish 2nd (which is also the most likely outcome), we're looking at playing the Lakers in Round 1. Wow.
538 still predicts Jazz to finish one game ahead of Suns. But unfortunately Jazz have lost most close games and Phoenix has won most of those so I think we will get the 2 seed. To me it's just luck but others think it's some indicator. Phoenix does have a harder schedule left, it really depends on if they Jazz want to push for the #1 seed. All indicators are they don't care about that. They have been resting players and the effort has been low. I think Phoenix really wants the #1 seed a lot. They haven't been in the playoffs in forever. Jazz have and know that regular season doesn't matter and need to win in the playoffs. They haven't ever seemed to care much about the seeding for better or worse

But we need to beat good teams regardless so I don't really care as much who we play. Lakers might step up in the playoffs but they also don't seem to be playing well and I doubt they are very healthy.