What's new

Jeff Green has been waived

Maybe, or we'll see lots of Niang and Royce at the 4. I'm happy rolling the dice with some good g league players, considering what out options at this point have been.
Can't really argue there. At least we have something to watch for(development) if they do continue to suck.

No, this idea of waiving Green to five minutes to Niang and Brantley. We haven’t played Brantley at all. Why not play him before waiving Green?

This.

also, why are we looking to give more mins to Niang? I understand Snyder being fed up with Green and Exum. We all were tired of them. But Davis sucks. He’s an issue. And Niang??? Seriously?

I Completely understand some of our decisions and just don’t understand at all some of our decisions. Mudiay, Clarkson, and G League dude? That’s gonna be chuck central. Essentially 3 Alec Burks playing with Davis and Niang. Yikes...

No, this idea of waiving Green to five minutes to Niang and Brantley. We haven’t played Brantley at all. Why not play him before waiving Green?
Ok, I gotcha. This doesn't seem to me to be a super calculated move, I guess. Clearly they thought Jeff would be better than he has been and they gave him a chance to prove them right (he didn't). Meanwhile they like what they've seen from Brantley. Maybe they feel their hand has been forced with how bad the bench is.

I'm not saying I agree with all that, but that's what I've got.

Green and Davis just could not play together. Huge size disadvantage, bad bad D. If Jazz got impressed with this guy Tucker, to move one of them makes sense. Bradley, Niang about to get more minutes I guess, at least until brass think Tucker or Brantley are ready..

Tucker had 34 points vs Stars Friday playing small forward. I remember the announcers raving about his work ethic. This might be like when the Jazz signed Jack Cooley, Ellijah Millsap and Bryce Cotton that one year.

This guy is more talented than the guys you mentioned. I think he was planning to enter the 2020 draft, and the Jazz snatched him up. Kid can play.

Think of this. The Jazz who are known as a classy organization cut a dude from the team after he got out of the shower after playing in a game.
There is ZERO chance the Jazz just made a rash decision, they had a guy in mind of who they wanted to sign. My question is why the timing? Did Jeff know they wanted to cut him and he told them he'd play tonight and stay home after the game. This is really odd.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We aren't contenders. Our bench is going to get destroyed every night. Worse than before. Davis, Niang, Clarkson and Mudiay are going to give up a 1000 points every night. Imagine that group in the playoffs

Why didn’t they bench Green for his poor play? Didn’t want to hurt the feelings of a veteran player? Getting waived has to hurt a little more.

Really bizarre moves. Not that the bench hasn’t sucked donkey balls, it has. But feels like the Jazz front office just woke up and said to hell with it today. Honestly questioning what the Jazz identity is going to be. How are these pieces going to fit? Are they giving up on defense with the 2nd unit and just going to try outscore the other team with a bunch of gunners?

Not excited about Niang getting more playing time. I am excited at the possibility of Brantley getting minutes.