What's new

Jeff Green has been waived

We aren't contenders. Our bench is going to get destroyed every night. Worse than before. Davis, Niang, Clarkson and Mudiay are going to give up a 1000 points every night. Imagine that group in the playoffs
I don't think getting rid of Jeff Green or a guy who wasn't playing anyway is going to hurt our defense any. But now at least the bench should be able to scrape together a few points.

This guy is more talented than the guys you mentioned. I think he was planning to enter the 2020 draft, and the Jazz snatched him up. Kid can play.
He entered the 2019 draft and was undrafted. Played with the Bucks Summer League team averaging 10 ppg in Vegas.

The Conley trade totally screwed us. Imagine how good this team would be with adding Bogey and having Faves/Crowder off the bench.

Why didn’t they bench Green for his poor play? Didn’t want to hurt the feelings of a veteran player? Getting waived has to hurt a little more.

Really bizarre moves. Not that the bench hasn’t sucked donkey balls, it has. But feels like the Jazz front office just woke up and said to hell with it today. Honestly questioning what the Jazz identity is going to be. How are these pieces going to fit? Are they giving up on defense with the 2nd unit and just going to try outscore the other team with a bunch of gunners?

Not excited about Niang getting more playing time. I am excited at the possibility of Brantley getting minutes.
Ya, I don't think they just woke up and decided to do all of this.

I don't think getting rid of Jeff Green or a guy who wasn't playing anyway is going to hurt our defense any. But now at least the bench should be able to scrape together a few points.

Can’t see how anyone could claim that our bench got worse after these moves. We got a solid bench scorer for nothing (Exum). I can’t imagine this G League player wont contribute at least as much as Green.

I think one can still question our size. We have no 4 or backup 5. Right now we really need a guy like Favors.

Remember how good he looked in the preseason? Everyone was so optimistic about him. That was just a couple of months ago but it seems like forever.