What's new

Jeff Green has been waived

When's the last time jazz made a roster change going into Christmas??

Wtf. Waiving Green can be a good for our future. But not if our plan was to sign a nobody and give Niang, the worst player on the roster, some more playing time.

The waiving has to be about as brutal as when Pat Haden fired Lane Kiffin as USC football coach on the bus ride home from the airport right after a road loss.

What was the original tweet from And that Donovan called out?
It was a clip of a Rudy putback dunk from tonight, the bench celebration, and Green's lack of participation in it.

Andy said something to the effect that he wondered if this had anything to do with him getting cut. I interpreted that to mean maybe Jeff saw it coming, rather than that his disengagement with the team was part of the reason to cut him.

Okay there Debbie Downer.

We all asked for changes to the bench, now we get them and yet you're not satisfied.

Yes, we all asked for changes. That doesn't mean waiving one of your 10 best players to sign a Gleaguer is smart. Even worse... we don't even plan to play that gleague player that we were apparently desperate to sign. This is Juwan Morgan all over again. We sign them. Then we sit them so they can look pretty on the pine.

Green could have worked as a bench player here with the right pieces next to him. He played a bunch of minutes next to Davis and Niang which was not a good pair to put next him in order to showcase his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He's a real NBA caliber player who could have helped us in a playoff series.

Sorry I can't bring myself to get excited to watch Tucker added to our collection of young players who will never play while Niang plays more and sucks on a whole new level. Just not exciting to me.

Niang's been playing a lot of his minutes with Green, which forced him to play the 3. With Green gone he can now play the majority of his minutes at the 4 , guarding 4's instead of 3's could help his defense.

Last edited: