What's new

Jeff Green revenge game, 7 pm MST

Our two best players will be locked up for the next 4+ years minimum. Mitchell isn’t even close to his prime yet. There is plenty to look forward too.

I’m not so sure about this. Rudy can be an unrestricted free agent in what is going to be another major off season. He is eligible for the super max from the Jazz but I doubt they offer him that. That may give him reason to look around.

Plus, after spending the first three quarters of the all-star game catching lobs from Trey Young I think Rudy may be interested in playing with a team with an actual point guard.

Pathetic display of basketball tonight. In the third quarter the first player to receive the ball is the one who shot it about 4 out of every 5 plays. I wish I had counted it but by the time I began counting we were already in the middle of a 14 - 3 run.

We dont pass the ball anymore. It's not Rubio that is missing. It falls on quin. He doesnt run an offense for long stretches. Our defense struggles. Teams have figured us out.

We are officially mediocre imho. Not from 2 games. From our record against quality teams. 12 - 14.

MOVE THE FRIGGIN BALL! SHARE THE LOAD! TAKE AWAY WHAT THE OTHER TEAM IS USING TO KICK YOU IN THE BALLS! TAKE AWAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

Or just whoever gets it go one of 5 and complain about not getting calls. Either one.

Ingles plays team basketball and initiates the offense. We look solid. Watch conley dribble the ball down next game. MOST of the time he takes 14 dribbles up the court, probes as far as the 3 point line (no further) and passes the ball to a guy standing still. I COULD DO THAT! Quin has to get his head out of his fngrblstd crack and coach.

I will sound like broken record but until Rudy can punish midgets in the post on regular basis he can't be considered top 3 center in NBA. He is liability against freaking PJ Tucker or whoever switches on him? One way to beat small lineups is to pound them inside until they all foul out or give up. Gosh, we have nobody who can consistently score in the post now.... imagine Malone vs this Houston lineup, he would score 60 just on free throws and layups alone.

Which Lindsey/Snyder point guard has wanted to stay here?

They pay a bunch of assets to get pgs for short term rentals. It's what they do.

Stock and Dwill were the only ones to stay, oh yeah Eisley, Jacque Vaughan. But that's pretty much it, Ronnie Price too.

There are a lot of issues but part of it relates to the sex machine concept.

We’ve done all the math and it says let teams shoot from the midrange (even when it’s San Antonio and they are good there) and let westbrick shoot... but here’s the deal... if you just concede that without making them work for it then you don’t force any turnovers or put pressure on them to miss. Then they make a lot of shots. Bring a silly double team on harden at half court... you are one or two passes from a wide open three.

Last night if we were making shots it would be close... but there is a bigger problem... we are tiny on the perimeter and our only really good perimeter defender has started to suck ( I kind of wonder if Royce is hurt).

The Conley trade is a disaster... it happens... don’t over complicate it by keeping him this off season... try to pivot. Only reason to keep him would be if JC bolts in free agency and then mike can be the bench spark plug.

This team is buttery soft.
Also this we have no assholes... last couple years we’d have Jae getting into it every couple nights... we got no tough guys at all... while that stuff isn’t like the end all be all it does fire guys up. We need an enforcer... like what guy is gonna come over and shove someone when they foul DM super hard. Even a guy like Alex Len would be okay... he gives super hard fouls that piss people off. We need some assholes.

The Jazz are kind of one-dimensional. By that I mean: we have a short list of good offensive actions. And it isn’t hard to make us uncomfortable, so scout our ****, then get physical with our charmin asses.

There are a lot of issues but part of it relates to the sex machine concept.

We’ve done all the math and it says let teams shoot from the midrange (even when it’s San Antonio and they are good there) and let westbrick shoot... but here’s the deal... if you just concede that without making them work for it then you don’t force any turnovers or put pressure on them to miss. Then they make a lot of shots. Bring a silly double team on harden at half court... you are one or two passes from a wide open three.

Last night if we were making shots it would be close... but there is a bigger problem... we are tiny on the perimeter and our only really good perimeter defender has started to suck ( I kind of wonder if Royce is hurt).

The Conley trade is a disaster... it happens... don’t over complicate it by keeping him this off season... try to pivot. Only reason to keep him would be if JC bolts in free agency and then mike can be the bench spark plug.
Good post.

We rely so much on Donovan, Clarkson, Conley and Mudiay for points. I dont think I have ever seen a team rely on that many small players for such a significant amount of points. People give Houston a hard time for playing small when in many ways, we have our own size issues.

And Conley, yep, he needs to go this off-season. Trade him to NY for cap space. Don't even worry about an asset in return. Keep Clarkson. Keep Mudiay. Find two perimeter defenders.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app