What's new

Jeff Green revenge game, 7 pm MST

So I’ve just got two questions: where was the alleyoop to Gobert with the 6’5” cover?; and does anybody on our team know how to shoot the pull up J?
Here we are down 12 with two to play and we’re letting the air out with drive and kick after they run us off the 3pt line.:rolleyes:

The Jazz absolutely suck at defending the 3 and the midrange. You can't win anything if you are soft as charmin at two areas of the floor.

Also this we have no assholes... last couple years we’d have Jae getting into it every couple nights... we got no tough guys at all... while that stuff isn’t like the end all be all it does fire guys up. We need an enforcer... like what guy is gonna come over and shove someone when they foul DM super hard. Even a guy like Alex Len would be okay... he gives super hard fouls that piss people off. We need some assholes.
I agree with this whole heartedly. Last night Westbrook was endlessly in people's faces and they all just ducked their heads and ran back down court. No one challenged him or got back in his face, not even Rudy. It's as if we've accepted being a soft team and any team a little physical with us can just roll over us. Take a hard foul or get in a skirmish. Hell, even throw a elbow and get suspended for a couple of games, but establish a reputation you can't be bullied every game.

What happens in the off season if Conley, Clarkson and Mudiay all walk away? Do we make a couple of swell free agent signings like Davis and Green. Or do we bring back JLIII?

Conley has shown me nothing to prove that he is going to replace the role that Clarkson is playing. So regardless of if we lose Clarkson and Mudiay, Conley isn't the answer. That was our problem in the first place. We misinterpreted Conley's value and fit from the beginning.

As for replacements, I could think of a number of guys who I would go with:

- Frank Ntilikina: if we traded Conley to NY, he would be a clear cut favorite to come to us in return. His skills are wasted in NY and we need a quality perimeter defender.

- Joe Harris: just play Mitchell at PG and Harris at SG

- Fred Van Vleet: he probably stays in Toronto, but it's worth a shot.

- Bogdan Bogdanovic: he probably stays in Sac, but it's worth a shot. Once again, slide Mitchell to PG.

- Goran Dragic: we've shown interest in the past.

- Kris Dunn: same as Ntilikina. He's an elite perimeter defender who doesn't demand the ball.

Outside of Ntilikina, I haven't really opened up trade opportunities.

There are a lot of issues but part of it relates to the sex machine concept.

We’ve done all the math and it says let teams shoot from the midrange (even when it’s San Antonio and they are good there) and let westbrick shoot... but here’s the deal... if you just concede that without making them work for it then you don’t force any turnovers or put pressure on them to miss. Then they make a lot of shots. Bring a silly double team on harden at half court... you are one or two passes from a wide open three.

Last night if we were making shots it would be close... but there is a bigger problem... we are tiny on the perimeter and our only really good perimeter defender has started to suck ( I kind of wonder if Royce is hurt).

The Conley trade is a disaster... it happens... don’t over complicate it by keeping him this off season... try to pivot. Only reason to keep him would be if JC bolts in free agency and then mike can be the bench spark plug.

Royce is slow bc his pockets are too full and heavy.
Donovan should not be an All Star and Conley should have stayed in Memphis.
Bojan and Ingles and their roller coster perfornances looking like weekend players.
The ofense gameplan only Works if our 3 point shoters are hot, if theyre not, we Could easily lose to a high school team.
Perimeter defense is non existent and rebound is far from elite.
Aside from JC, weak bench, possibly the wrost of the West playoff mix.
Snyder lost his balls in the offseason and only plays who he is told too. Afraid to think out of the box, plays the biggest salary over the best performer.
Team lost the winning mentality and has no will, no heart.

And here comes the playoffs. Not well seeded, and the selftrust 0.

Conley has shown me nothing to prove that he is going to replace the role that Clarkson is playing. So regardless of if we lose Clarkson and Mudiay, Conley isn't the answer. That was our problem in the first place. We misinterpreted Conley's value and fit from the beginning.

As for replacements, I could think of a number of guys who I would go with:

- Frank Ntilikina: if we traded Conley to NY, he would be a clear cut favorite to come to us in return. His skills are wasted in NY and we need a quality perimeter defender.

- Joe Harris: just play Mitchell at PG and Harris at SG

- Fred Van Vleet: he probably stays in Toronto, but it's worth a shot.

- Bogdan Bogdanovic: he probably stays in Sac, but it's worth a shot. Once again, slide Mitchell to PG.

- Goran Dragic: we've shown interest in the past.

- Kris Dunn: same as Ntilikina. He's an elite perimeter defender who doesn't demand the ball.

Outside of Ntilikina, I haven't really opened up trade opportunities.

Ntilikina and Dunn cannot be played in modern basketball, they are too offensively hopeless.

Ntilikina and Dunn cannot be played in modern basketball, they are too offensively hopeless.

I disagree. We could find minutes for them. I'm not saying they are starters or play 25 minutes per game, but our need for perimeter defending is so great that we would be able to use them.

A lineup of Mitchell, Ntilikina, Ingles, Bojan, and Gobert could work some. If we are able to find a big this offseason who can stretch the floor, Dunn/Ntilikina could definitely play minutes for us. As long as there is no more than 1 poor offensive player on the floor at any given time, an NBA team can still be effective on the offensive end.

The Jazz aren't athletic or tough enough to compete in the playoffs. Not only do we lack a killer on the team, but we also don't have an athletic freak outside of Gobert and Donovan.

It's laughable that we extended O'Neale when he's a dime a dozen type player in this league. 6'4 wing player that plays average D and shoots the 3 ball. He's undersized. We still don't have an athletic four after having this issue for 4 years. When will the front office ****ing learn.

The Charmin Utah Pretenders are back. Losing two straight games at home is disgraceful. Jazz likes to be that submissive team to the Rockets every time. If we lose in the first round against the Rockets, Snyder needs to go. He has no clue when it comes to substituting players.

We still haven’t replaced Favours ...

With lineups like Houston put at us last night he Is perfect , You could see when we went with Morgan , who isn’t even close to Favours ... it worked better than gobert trying to guard Russell .

DL has 3 huge problems ... Oneal, Ingles and Conleys contracts ... extended 2 of them and traded for Conley who doesn’t fit ...

I wish Larry was still here , he’d walk in at half time and give them all a serve ... executives and coach included ...

This model they have put together is broke .

I was listening to an NBA expert on CBS Sports radio driving around this afternoon and his take is that Denver matches up far better than Utah does with the Rockets because they have Jokich and when Houston goes small, it's Rudy's kryptonite.

Also this we have no assholes... last couple years we’d have Jae getting into it every couple nights... we got no tough guys at all... while that stuff isn’t like the end all be all it does fire guys up. We need an enforcer... like what guy is gonna come over and shove someone when they foul DM super hard. Even a guy like Alex Len would be okay... he gives super hard fouls that piss people off. We need some assholes.

but but but basketball analytics told us we had too many assholes and we needed to trade them all for 3 point shooting and spacing and stuff.

the truth is, I’m unsure if we’re actually a better team than last year. I know for a fact we’re less entertaining. This team is frustrating as hell to watch. At least last year’s team fought even when their shots weren’t going in.

but but but basketball analytics told us we had too many assholes and we needed to trade them all for 3 point shooting and spacing and stuff.

the truth is, I’m unsure if we’re actually a better team than last year. I know for a fact we’re less entertaining. This team is frustrating as hell to watch. At least last year’s team fought even when their shots weren’t going in.
like i said. at least you can hope for rubio/crowder to have great shooting nights. but you can't expect bojan/niang/conley to become faster, taller or more athletic on D.

we trade away the element that we can have firm control over and rely steadily every night, for fool's gold.

i agree that we need to improve our shooting, but you just don't do it at the expense of size, toughness and athleticism. it's not a trade you can win.

you can be the best shooting team in the nba and still have bad shooting nights, like the 2018 Hou missing 27 straight from deep in their most important game of the season.

relying on shooting alone, you will inevitably fail, (with GSW being the only exception, but even them had elite defensive pieces like draymond and iggy), whereas size/toughness/athleticism will never never fail you.

Our guys can at least play hard and hustle. I'm not seeing that in those 27-0 runs against us.
We’ve had these problems forever, though. Even playing hard and hustling. There was like a 21-1 run in the OKC series. Those weren’t isolated, either.

Our guys can at least play hard and hustle. I'm not seeing that in those 27-0 runs against us.
"you can't teach height"

you can tell your players to play hard and hustle but how much will that do when you are being physically outmatched by your opponents that are simply faster, stronger and bigger than you.

So, you miss Grayson Allen? You're possibly the first person to miss him. PS. Dont let grayson know I said this. He would probably trip me next time I am near a cliff.

So, you miss Grayson Allen? You're possibly the first person to miss him. PS. Dont let grayson know I said this. He would probably trip me next time I am near a cliff.
Nah man... Grayson ain't an *******.. he's a douchebag... Jae is the classic *******. Comes every night looking for someone to fight.

We were just so much tougher last year... Favs, Crowder, and even Ricky had his own type of toughness and would irritate other dudes. Teams are having too much fun playing us. Russ was having a blast the other night.