What's new

Jerry Seinfeld Guards Thurl Bailey

MoTappin

I didn't know Jerry played back in the day. :D

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 12.35.10 PM.jpg

This was just too funny not to share with you guys. I don't know if anyone else thinks the guy guarding Thurl is a Jerry Seinfeld doppelgänger.:)

Yeah, but we got Mike Brown for him, who got us Felton Spencer, who gave us Kirilenko.

Shows what I know. I had always assumed we had left Tripucka unprotected in the expansion draft. The Hornets actually gave us a player for him!

Shows what I know. I had always assumed we had left Tripucka unprotected in the expansion draft. The Hornets actually gave us a player for him!
I’m sure Detroit was saying something similar:

“The Jazz actually gave us a hall of famer for him!”

Tripucka is a statistical anomaly, though. Dude was averaging well over 20 ppl for his career up until we traded for him, and was averaging 20 that year, then he averaged 10.1 and 7.5 ppg during his two years with us. After going to Charlotte, he then averaged 22.6 and 15.6 points per game the next two years.

Why the hell couldn’t we get him to produce?

Tripucka's raw stats might have looked impressive, but his advanced stats were bad. He was a terrible defender and he only had a couple of season where he was an acceptable offensive player. The big difference between his Jazz stint and his other seasons was the usage rate. They just let him shoot in Detroit and Charlotte, which he did. His second AS appearance came during a season where he actually have negative Box +/-.

Tripucka's advanced stats suggest that he wasn't quite as good a player as Ronnie Brewer.