What's new

JFC gut-check: Who do you take on your team going into October -- D. Booker or D. Mitchell?

Who do you want on this Jazz team

• Total voters
Metrically, Booker is average on offense and absolutely horrendous on defense.

In comparison, Bledsoe is average on defense and really good offensively.

Mitchell tracks toward Bledsoe much more than Booker, so Mitchell is the answer.

Mitchell or Booker? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Harden? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Prime D. Wade? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Iverson? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Kobe? Mitchell.
Mitchel or Jordan? Jordan, but it's close.

Negged for underselling DM

LMAO 3 people voted for Booker

I'm man enough to admit that I voted for the non-Jazz guy. Make that 4. ;)

While I love Mitchell and he's obviously going to provide defense unlike Booker, I've had a soft spot for DB since his UK days and I think he would be great for this team. Sure, he's not been efficient so far, but it's not for lack of talent. He's taking plenty of shots by design and that of course drags his percentages down. He'd benefit a lot from playing in a more structured offense with a pure playmaker and more veteran guys around him.

Can't fault anyone for going with Mitchell, though...

Close, but I'll be the homer and choose Mitchell's defense and athleticism.
This.
I think booker deserves lots of praise. Mitchell ftw doe.

Btw, I'm curious who is younger of the two?

Booker is very good offensively, but he's still inefficient and he can't defend a chair, which means you lose back more than half of what he made you gain offensively.

Mitchell looks to be already a better defender and still great offensively. Mitchell looks like the better player overall.

See title-- and vote in the poll

Not a single gm in league would take Mitchell over Booker. This the type of comedy homerism I come here looking for when I need a laugh. Heck who would you rather have Mitchell or Lillard? Mitchell or LeBron? I bet the answer is Mitchell for both. At the rate y'all have the kid going He is going be the jazz goat player . But wait if he bounces so where else and doesn't resign and retire as a jazz then he and his family become targets for y'all anger since y'all feel like you own these players. another comedy I get on this board is you dummies thinking this a top 6 team in the weat. Look around every team has gotten better and you lost your bestboffensive player.lol y'all going to the lotterynagain. Id bet my bball iq on it

I swear Jazz fanz are like high schoolers that cant keep a girl friend becuase that are so worried that maybe the other girl is better.

let me explain for those that dont understand

Jazz have the contract rights to Donovan Mitchell for the next 4 years then his RFA rights after that.

Devin Booker doesnt play for the Jazz and probably wont for at least the next 5 to 7 years.

you can wish and moan alll you want about missing out on draft booker instead of lyles. It didnt happen so move on.

I swear Jazz fanz are like high schoolers that cant keep a girl friend becuase that are so worried that maybe the other girl is better.

let me explain for those that dont understand

Jazz have the contract rights to Donovan Mitchell for the next 4 years then his RFA rights after that.

Devin Booker doesnt play for the Jazz and probably wont for at least the next 5 to 7 years.

you can wish and moan alll you want about missing out on draft booker instead of lyles. It didnt happen so move on.

Stop bullying Jazz fanz

Good to know people cant have their own opinions in a meaningless poll without being bullied.

Not a single gm in league would take Mitchell over Booker. This the type of comedy homerism I come here looking for when I need a laugh. Heck who would you rather have Mitchell or Lillard? Mitchell or LeBron? I bet the answer is Mitchell for both. At the rate y'all have the kid going He is going be the jazz goat player . But wait if he bounces so where else and doesn't resign and retire as a jazz then he and his family become targets for y'all anger since y'all feel like you own these players. another comedy I get on this board is you dummies thinking this a top 6 team in the weat. Look around every team has gotten better and you lost your bestboffensive player.lol y'all going to the lotterynagain. Id bet my bball iq on it

what is Booker really good at?

shooting? meh. 3pt shooting? meh. rebounding? lol. passing? meh. defense? hahahahaha. getting to the FT line? meh. steals? heh. he's pretty good at taking a lot of shots - just not many really go into the hoop/

Booker is a weird looking dude .... Donovan is a nice looking dude .. Donovan >>>>>> Booker
They all pale in comparison to the striking handsomeness of Alec though.

I'm not a huge Booker fan, despite him having some incredible nights. There are a number of people that can fill up a stat sheet but just lack the mentality to really push you as a team. I don't want to prematurely judge Booker but the jury is really out on this. Is he a chucker? Can you build a legitimate team with him as a main cog? I have serious doubts about that, and I prefer not to start building on a weak foundation. Everyone knows this and everyone pays lip service to it but in action nobody really demonstrates it. It's only been over the past couple years that people have pretty universally acknowledged Carmelo is a disaster. Before everyone knew it but thought he had so much talent that you just have to take that risk (don't want to say Booker is Carmelo mentally, but he's certainly not Carmelo as a player, either). You just get rid of people like Cousins, Dwight or even LMA's drama from Portland that's now resurfacing. I wanted Andrei's *** out of Utah after his bitch-*** comments during and after our WCF trip, even if we took back less talent. I wanted Boozer gone when it was apparent he didn't have enough passion for winning, despite some serious (underrated and under appreciated) talent.

Bottom line: talent can take you far, but the intangibles really push you over the top. We pay lip service to that but in foxholes most people go to the talent. If I'm faced with a choice between someone who has the intangibles (Mitchell) and one who I believe doesn't (Booker), I'm going with the former. I'm uncertain of Mitchell's game and eager to see how it plays out but if he ends up having reasonable game then you have a great combo.

Mitchell or Booker? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Harden? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Prime D. Wade? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Iverson? Mitchell.
Mitchell or Kobe? Mitchell.
Mitchel or Jordan? Jordan, but it's close.

This. Except I don't think Jordan would've done so well this close to Las Vegas soooo... Mitchell.